- 13 Apr 2017 1:49 AM
Shop opening hours:
* Friday 14 April - closed
* Saturday 15 April – usual opening hours
* Sunday 16 April – closed
* Monday 17 April – closed
Tesco opening hours can be found here
The following shops will be mostly open :
• petrol stations
• restaurants and pubs
• 24-hour (non-stop) shops
• cafés and confectioneries
• thermal baths
• Easter Markets
Most of the thermal bath in Budapest are open every day, often including bank holidays like Easter, Christmas, March 15 or August 20. Check the opening hours here
Information about public transport services during spring school holiday and Easter:
On 13 April 2017 (Thursday) the Friday schedule for school holidays applies.
On 14 April 2017 (Friday) the schedule on public holidays applies.
On 15 April 2017 (Saturday) the Saturday schedule applies.
On 16 and 17 April 2017 (Sunday - Monday) the schedule on public holidays applies.
On 18 April 2017 (Tuesday) the Monday - Thursday schedule for school holidays applies.
Public Transport Timetable available by clicking here
Major events at Easter:
• Budapest Easter Market, featuring handicrafts and traditional Hungarian cuisine.
• Another Easter Market in Budapest’s Museum of Ethnography on Palm Sunday, where you will find crafts, egg-painting activities, and various other events for kids.
• Easter events in Buda Castle, including: craft workshops, egg painting, a petting zoo, folk music and dances, and exposure to Hungarian artwork and cultural traditions.
• At the Budapest Zoo and at the Museum of Hungarian Agriculture visitors can find Easter exhibits, programs, and celebrations.