- 31 Dec 2015 8:02 AM
XpatLoop was recently flown in Qatar Airways' business class to report about ’the ultimate in business travel comfort’ over this holiday season, and in short it’s an experience we sincerely recommend you afford yourself in 2016 to really make it a happy new year!
Introducing Excellence By Design
Qatar Airways really has got business class down to a fine art. From first-hand experience it’s totally true what they very rationally claim about ’award winning passenger-focused service complimenting a spacious cabin and seat design, all based around passenger's needs’. From an emotional point of view, it’s easy to feel completely at ease, rather privileged, and actually excited about already starting a holiday experience, from the very first moments you step aboard.
The seats are arranged in a 1-2-1 format in business class, to ensure everyone has direct access to the aisle, plus vaulted ceilings create a great sense of space, and a high-precision air management system provides a better air quality. So you don’t feel like you’re inside a sardine tin, and you really do have space to stand upright and stretch your legs anytime you wish - without clambering over the person (snoring) next to you.
Once you sit down three things immediately stand out as special:
1. You can adapt your personal space to suit your needs (for work, entertainment, refreshments, rest and sleep), plus a variety of generous storage spaces allows you to keep all your various belongings within reach.
2. Attentive crew personally explain your dining and drink options, and then you can enjoy what you want, when you want it - as it's a complimentary on-demand service.
3. Sophisticated LED lighting automatically helps you adjust to changing time zones - and so deal with any jet leg involved.
Next up are five star qualities that define this high society alternative to cattle class:
* When up in the sky the world remains at your fingertips with Qatar Airways' truly state of the art on-board communication. You can stay constantly connected with the OnAir mobile service, laptop power point and a USB plug. A large pull-out working area enable you to roll up your sleeves and get busy if you so choose. WiFi services, available on-board A380, A350, B787, A319 and selected A330, A320 and A321 aircraft, make it easy to stay on top of your work with uninterrupted access to colleagues, clients, and also family and friends.
* To relax you can choose from literally thousands of entertainment options. Oryx Entertainment’s innovative system features an intuitive touch screen to quickly find an array of movies, games and music to suit your taste. The very first dual-screen interface is on-board all A350, A380 and B787 aircraft, allowing you to multitask - like playing a game on your handheld device as you wait for a movie to load on your personal screen.
* Food time is innovative too, as signature dishes are designed exclusively for Qatar Airways by two celebrity chefs (Vineet Bhatia and Nobu Matsuhisa). An on-demand menu service lets you enjoy sweet or savoury delicacies whenever you like. Unique flavours, beautiful food presentation, luxurious table linen and modern cutlery please all five senses.
* As well as a wide selection of quality alcoholic beverages, as you would expect, plus the non-alcoholic drinks list is not an after thought. Crew offer a tantalising array of fruity fizz or spicy and zesty signature Mocktails, and freshly brewed coffee and tea is elegantly served from an individual porcelain set.
* Rest is easy to take thanks to the fully reclining (massage) chair, which levels out to provide a bed like experience at the touch of a button. Fine sleepwear and luxury Italian Frette linen soften your seat further, and a selection of Giorgio Armani's finest amenities are provided to revive and refresh you when the time comes to prepare for landing.
Comfort, convenience, and choice are the things that matter most to travellers today, and that’s what you get plenty of in Business Class, and at Hamad International Airport, Qatar Airways’ base in Doha.
The customer experience on-board in Business and at that airport doesn’t just provide these qualities, it also celebrates them!
This is especially the case for Business Class travellers with Qatar Airways who can exclusively use the truly amazing facilities at the Al Mourjan Business Lounge in Doha - details of which are the topic of another story, for now here's a farewell photo.
About Qatar Airways:
Qatar Airways, the national carrier of the State of Qatar, is one of the fastest growing airlines operating one of the youngest fleets in the world. Now in its 18th year of operations, Qatar Airways has a modern fleet of 173 aircraft flying to 153 key business and leisure destinations across six continents. Qatar Airways won Airline of the Year, Best Business Class Airline Seat and Best Airline in the Middle East at the 2015 Skytrax Awards. This is the third time the airline won the accolade of Airline of the Year.
Qatar Airways is a member of the oneworld global alliance. The award-winning alliance was named the World’s Best Airline Alliance 2015 by Skytrax for the third year running. Qatar Airways was the first Gulf carrier to join global airline alliance, oneworld, enabling its passengers to benefit from more than 1,000 airports in more than 150 countries, with 14,250 daily departures.
Qatar Airways recently launched Oryx One, an enhanced interface for its inflight entertainment system, increasing the number of movies and TV shows on board from 950 to up to 2,000. Passengers flying on Qatar Airways flights served by its B787, A350, A380, A319 as well as select A320 and A330 aircraft can also stay in touch with their friends and family around the world by using the five-star airline’s on-board Wifi and GSM service.