- 3 Oct 2018 12:46 PM
Since joining The British International School Budapest he has been part of Middle leaders and Senior Leaders training programs led by Nord Anglia Education.
After various curriculum and leadership roles within the school, Chris was appointed as Primary Head Teacher in 2015.
1. Where did you grow up?
I grew up in a small and picturesque market town of Knaresborough in North Yorkshire, UK.
2. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
August 2005. I came to join the British International School Budapest.
3. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
Yes I was at one of Nord Anglia Education’s sister schools in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
4. What surprised you most about Hungary?
The architecture, culture and gastronomic delights!
5. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
Climb to the top of the Basilica to get a 360 view of the city, try a coffee at one of the many independent coffee shops that have opened up, walk explore!
6. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
7. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
8. What is your favourite Hungarian word?
9. What do you miss the most from home?
Family and friends. I would say Yorkshire Tea but I am never without a secret supply!
10. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
It would still be in the social and community sector. I did consider the Police Force before starting to train as a teacher.
11. What is your favourite sport / form of exercise?
I do like to be involved in many forms of sporting activity. I have previously been a keen squash player and golfer. Most recently I like to keep fit by regularly going to the gym and running.
12. Where did you spend your last vacation?
My wife and I have made a conscious decision to reignite our passion for travel with our two girls. Recently we were fortunate to visit Costa Rica and Thailand. We also incorporated a return visit to Vietnam. I believe travel and experiences of different countries and cultures is one of the best gifts we can give our children.
13. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
This year we plan a visit to Mexico.
14. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
I played lots of Squash as a junior and mainly listened to 90’s house music!
15. Apart of temptation what can't you resist.
The opportunity for a weekend afternoon snooze watching TV with the family.
16. Red wine or white?
Red in winter and White Sport Froccs in the summer
17. Book or movie?
Depends on the timeframe and occasion.
18. Morning person or night person?
In teaching you have to be both!
19. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Homelessness and social mobility.
20. Buda side or Pest side?
Pest without fail.
21. What would you say is your personal motto?
a. Treat people with kindness and respect, lead by example.
b. Work hard but take time to reflect and enjoy your life.
c. Spend time with and be appreciative of the people who are special to you.