- 7 Apr 2021 12:25 PM
252,115 is the number of active infected, 12,202 patients are hospitalized, 1,407 of them are on ventilators.
Vaccination is ongoing, 2,536,751 people already vaccinated, 1,005,936 got their second one. We are in the ascending branch of the third wave of the epidemic, with an increasing number of active infected and hospitalized patients, which is why the government has decided to tighten and extend restrictions until 19 April.
Vaccination was also continuous during the Easter holidays. Hungary performs outstandingly in Europe, Hungary is second in the EU vaccination ranking. 24.2% of the Hungarian population has already been vaccinated, compared to the EU average of 12.7%. Due to their vulnerability, the registered elderly are still in line for vaccination, 85% of those over 65 registered so far have already received the vaccination.
From Saturday, in addition to the GP surgeries and hospital vaccination points in Budapest, specialist clinics have also been involved in vaccination, and the registered 18 specialist clinics still vaccinate those registered by GPs in the capital.
The number of vaccinees will soon reach 2.5 million, after which a gradual restart will begin under Government Decree 144/2021.
Pursuant to the above government decree, the following measures took effect.
• The curfew is modified for the period from 10 am to 5 pm.
• Shops may be open from 5 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
• Stores, including those that have been closed since March 8, may be open, albeit under new square meter-based rules. On average, there can be 1 customer per 10 square meters in the store under the new regulations.
• Temporary protection measures related to services will be lifted, allowing hairdressers, cosmetics and other providers to open up.
• However, the catering rooms cannot still be opened during normal operation, only the employees can stay in these units. Guests may enter the restaurants only for the purpose of dispensing and transporting takeaway food for the period necessary.
• Hotels still cannot accept guests.
• Following the vaccination of teachers, schools and kindergartens will resume on 19 April.
The additional protection measures are:
* Wearing a mask is mandatory on all streets and public areas within the residential area.
* If possible, keep a protective distance of at least 1.5 meters from the other person.
* Work is possible, but where possible, we recommend working from home. In the state administration, work from home can be ordered, except for those who contribute to the defense.
One case of exemption from the curfew is work, which, however, needs to be justified. Sample certificate can be downloaded here.
A call center set up for advice on the coronavirus can be reached on +36-80-277-455 and +36-80-277-456 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org