- 8 Feb 2024 4:00 PM
Where to stay in Bratislava? This may well be one of your first questions. Well, nestled conveniently in the heart of Bratislava is the Crowne Plaza, a highly recommended hotel which offers an ideal blend of central location, comfortable modern facilities, and delightful cuisine – the breakfast buffet is particularly amazing.
‘Must-See’ List for While You’re in Bratislava:
1. Bratislava Castle: Explore the iconic Bratislava Castle, a popular tourist attraction housing several museums, including the Slovak National Museum and the Museum of History. The castle's courtyard provides breathtaking panoramic views of the city and the Danube River.
2. St. Martin's Cathedral: Admire the Gothic grandeur of St. Martin's Cathedral, the coronation church of the Kingdom of Hungary. The cathedral's tall spire, adorned with intricate stonework, stands as a testament to its historical significance.
3. Slovak National Theatre: Immerse yourself in the arts at the Slovak National Theatre, a remarkable cultural landmark with a unique glass exterior. Explore its opera hall, ballet hall, and drama theater, reflecting Slovakia's commitment to promoting the performing arts.
4. Slavin Monument: Ascend to the Slavin Monument, perched on a hill offering panoramic views. The monument symbolizes victory and protection, with a soldier statue atop a tall column surrounded by allegorical sculptures representing values such as loyalty and courage.
5. National Gallery: Experience the rich art scene at the Slovak National Gallery, housed in historic buildings like the Esterházy Palace. After recent renovations, the gallery has become a must-visit for art enthusiasts.
6. Blue Renaissance Church: Marvel at the Blue Church, known for its blue and white glazed tiles creating a vibrant effect. The interior showcases Art Nouveau style, making it one of the world's most exquisite architectural treasures.
7. Top Gastro Experience in the UFO: The famous SNP Bridge in Bratislava is not only an amazing view from outside. You can take a ride to its summit, where a UFO restaurant specializing in Mediterranean and Asian cuisine is located 85 meters above the Danube. From there you can enjoy a wide range of views of Bratislava from a comfortable chair while enjoying a delicious meal or snack.
An Ideal Base in Bratislava: Introducing Crowne Plaza
Situated in the heart of Bratislava, this 4 start hotel offers a prime location overlooking the Presidential Palace and is a short walk from Bratislava Castle. Accessible by car, train, and within proximity to public transport, the hotel boasts 224 guest rooms, including 15 suites.
There are a range of room types, starting from HUF 50,000 per night at time of publication. All the modern amenities, a fitness room, and diverse dining experiences make it an ideal choice for a weekend getaway.
Top Tips Summary:
Visit St. Martin's Cathedral, just a 10-minute walk from the hotel, where historic coronations took place.
Explore the Summer Archbishop's Palace and its French gardens, where Slovakia's president resides.
Experience Bratislava's Old Town's Main Square, which during the good weather months is often filled with folklore music and street performances, during the colder months you can still enjoy the area and do a good bit of shopping in the area.
Don't Miss a Floating Trip to Danubiana - Museum of Modern Art:
Before heading back to Budapest, it’s worth emphasizing how enjoyable it is to embark on a one-of-a-kind floating trip along the Danube. Board a hydrofoil just 1 km from the Crowne Plaza Bratislava to enjoy captivating views of the New Bridge and a juxtaposition of Soviet and 18th-century buildings.
Take a short water-bus journey to Danubiana, Europe's youngest museum of modern art, located 15 kilometers south of Bratislava. Explore new exhibits, outdoor sculptures, and enjoy the picturesque location along the Danube.
This is a perfect way to enjoy a good look at the enchanting city of Bratislava - a perfect weekend escape for expats in Hungary.
Crowne Plaza Bratislava
Hodzovo Namestie 2, Bratislava, 816 25
Reservation Phone Number: +421-2-59348111
Note: Pets are allowed - Surcharge 20 EUR per day without food.
Visit the hotel online at:
Crowne Plaza Bratislava