Xpat Interview 2: Marvin Gauci, Owner, Caviar & Bull Restaurant Budapest
- 11 Oct 2018 6:11 PM
Click here to read his first interview
I doubt that the boundaries of this space would allow me to give a complete answer. Let’s say I wasn’t bored for a minute.
2. On a scale of 1 to 10 how happy are you with your life in Hungary, and why?My life in Hungary in general is very happy, even if I am not living here permanently. I own one of the city’s best restaurants with my partners László and Sergi. We are working on a new restaurant project called "Uncensored by Caviar&Bull", and will be open for public soon, so let’s say 9 not to exaggerate.
3. What’s the best party you’ve been to while in Hungary, and why?
My birthday party in a Club with the staff from the restaurant.
4. What’s your favourite drink?
Wine, whisky...but, I'm not a big drinker. I like a whisky every now and then.
5. What hidden talents do you have?
I'm a ballerina – but never dance in public, just behind closed doors, Laszlo and Sergi are my choreographers.
6. What was the most interesting travel trip you have ever taken?
Budapest, just after I got here I found out that it was not a holiday, but a conspiracy to convince me to open Caviar&Bull Budapest, it worked, I loved the city from the first moment.
7. If you were given a wish that could come true, what would you ask for?
My wish already came true.
8. What’s the last book you read, and movie you watched?
Money Heist on Netflix, I rather read news than books, I love to know what's happening in the world.
9. If someone wrote a biography about you, what would the title be?
Tasmanian Devil in the kitchen.
10. What is the perfect pizza toppings combination for you?
Honey and blue cheese.
11. If you could trade places with any other person for a week, real or fictional, with whom would it be?
I really would like to be someone who works for me to see how do they see me and how is it to work for me, it would be the single greatest lesson to become better leader and not wait for feedbacks.
12. On a scale of 1 to 10 how unusual are you, and why?
I don't think, that unusual people know that they're unusual. You should ask my wife, my partners or colleagues.
13. What are the three things you would take to a deserted Island?
My loved one, a harpoon and matches.
14. Who do you admire the most, and why?
I don't admire any particular person. I admire talent.
15. Tell us a guilty pleasure.
Netflix and chill.
16. What has made the biggest impact on your life so far, and why?
Apart of my wife my biggest impact is yet to come I think.
17. If you won USD 30 million, what would you do with the money?
I would not change anything. I would give a big chunk to charity. I would attend charity events and give it out there as well. If you radiate good energy around everything falls into place.
18. If your life had a theme song, what would it be?
Post Malone: Rockstar
19. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
Anywhere as long as I can see a sea.
20. In ten years from now what will you be doing?
Will tell you that in 10 years time.
Photos by Russell Skidmore for XpatLoop.com