- 5 Dec 2018 7:40 AM
1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
I’m here expanding Global Reach Group operations into Central Europe and whilst I’m currently splitting my time between London and Budapest, a permanent move is on the horizon.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
Madrid for 2 years.
3. What surprised you most about Hungary?
The architecture and beauty of Budapest was a big shock. You’d be hard pressed to find a better view than the Danube at sunset.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
The Parliament building is one of the most impressive I’ve ever seen and just across the river is the awe inspiring castle so I’d tell them to start there and then just get lost in Budapest’s small streets.
5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
When it’s good, you can’t beat Lángos.
6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
Milk. So much milk.
7. What is your favourite Hungarian word?
Only because it’s the first I ever learnt, köszönöm.
8. What do you miss the most from home?
Man United and Fish and Chips
9.What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
Airline pilot – Nothing in this world beats flying. The human race’s most impressive feat of engineering.
10. What’s a job you would definitely never want?
Cave diver – Not sure I could handle that. Those divers who rescued the boys in Thailand are absolute heroes. Very tough job.
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
Australia – Closest friend lives in Sydney so we drove 8,000km in an old camper van down the east coast of Australia. What a trip.
12. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
Japan. Everyone seems to have been apart from me and there is just something so attractive about the country. The food of course but the history is a big draw for me.
13. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Saving Private Ryan film wise but hobby would have to be sport / aviation.
14. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
Salt and Vinegar crisps.
15. Red wine or white?
16. Book or movie?
Book – No coincidence that the book is always better than the movie..
17. Morning person or night person?
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Mental illness. It’s alarming the number the men who commit suicide every year in the UK. Please talk to someone.
19. Buda side or Pest side?
Pest – Although I’d admit I haven’t seen too much of Buda side.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Give it a crack. Succeed or fail, at least have a go.