- 21 Mar 2019 1:17 PM
46 years old Diego came to Budapest with his Hungarian fiancé and 6 month old son, so this position has both professional and personal aspects. His real passion is fitness and soccer, so he is going to join Decathlon’s soccer team.
Diego is determined to learn to speak Hungarian especially since he hears lots of it at home as well.
1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
I have arrived last year, in May. My main professional motivation was the Hungarian project. The private part is that my wife is Hungarian, so we can merge our son, Féderico with his Hungarian roots. We are living in a transformation, to manage the Hungarian project: how to transform it to a decentralized, flat company.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
Yes, in France and in Germany during the past 10 years.
3. What surprised you most about Hungary?
By my wife I’ve learned a lot about Hungary. When I arrived I realized it is not so different from the other countries in Europe.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
We are still doing the classic tourist ways: from the Castle, across the Chain bridge to the bath Széchényi.
5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
As I am a vegetarian, the fruits soup in summer. I also like the “kürtöskalács” very much.
6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
7. What is your favourite Hungarian word?
Adni. (to give)
8. What do you miss the most from home?
My family, but fortunately I’m in contact with them by video call. If not, I spend my holidays in Italy so we try to meet as often as it is possible.
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
In a racing team for motors, or somewhere in the motor’s world.
10. What's a job you would definitely never want?
A job where I would not have any contact with people.
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
We were in Austria for snowboard with my wife and my son.
12. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
We’ll go to the Lake of Garda.
13. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Always the motors. :-) I liked the house and pop music, my favourite film was the Star Wars.
14. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
To live most of the moments with my family.
And if there is something connected to the motors. :-)
15. Red wine or white?
I do not drink alcoholic drinks. :)
16. Book or movie?
17. Morning person or night person?
Both, because I do not sleep too much, I am a very bad sleeper.
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
There are children who do not have the possibility to do sport because of any reason. They do not learn what sport can teach about persistence and team spirit. Anyway, they do not experience the pleasure of sports.
19. Buda side or Pest side?
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Life is beautiful!