- 7 Apr 2020 1:16 PM
He is working at Mercur Rent a Car Kft., a Hertz franchise. He was the finance director of the company between 1999 and 2019, and since 2019 he is the managing director.
Csaba has a degree in economics, attended Budapesti Közgazdaságtudományi Egyetem - today called Corvinus University - and also holds a degree in economic law (ELTE). He speaks Hungarian, English and German.
His hobbies include music – he is playing the drums, he is also a member of two bands now, and he collects old cars.
1. Where did you grow up?
I was born in Budapest, and I have been living near the city my whole life.
2. If you could be an expat anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
Maybe somewhere around the Mediterranean Sea.
3. What would you miss most if you moved away from Hungary?
I would miss my friends and the Hungarian food and wine.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
They have to see the Buda Castle, the view from the Fisherman's Bastion and go out for a night in the Party District.
5. What is your favourite food?
The Hungarian vegetable stew called 'lecsó'.
6. What is your favourite sport / form of exercise?
7. What is your favourite place in Hungary?
The area around Lake Balaton.
8. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
I would like to be a rock musician.
9. What's a job you would definitely never want?
10. Where did you spend your last vacation?
In Italy, last summer.
11. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
I don't know. Everything is very unsure now, maybe in our cottage at Lake Balaton.
12. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
My hobby was playing the drums, and it still is. I have a lot of favourite bands.
13. Apart from temptation, what can't you resist?
A glass of ice-cold beer.
14. Red wine or white?
Both, but only the best quality ones.
15. Book or movie?
16. Morning person or night person?
17. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
18. Buda or Pest side?
19. Which achievement in your life are you most pleased about?
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Live for the present, but be careful about the future.
Interview text proofread by Szilvia Molnár, a professional freelance writer, travel expert, mom of two, and admitted coffee addict. Though not necessarily in that order. Connect with her on LinkedIn or read about her latest travel experiences on the Exploration Lounge website.