- 14 Aug 2023 10:06 AM
1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
I have been visiting Hungary on and off for about 10 years. I was based in Vienna for the past 12 years.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
Yes in a number of places.
3. What surprised you most about Hungary?
Nothing. Well except how slowly things move sometimes n matter how easy or basic it may seem.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
Well they would have to come to Down Under Bar of course then i would recommend you walk the city. Head in a direction on foot and take in all that it offers, then turn left and do it again, and again and again until you find yourself back where you started. I don’t think you would be disappointed.
5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
Töltött káposzta can never get enough of them.
6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
Vegemite. It is as important when abroad as having my passport.
7. What is your favourite Hungarian word?
8. What do you miss most from home?
The Sun and Beach.
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
I don’t really know. If I wanted to pursue another lifestyle or career I would do so and wouldn’t be here now I guess. I think career wise i have ticked al my boxes and managed to see the world in the process. Right now i just enjoy being me.
10. What's a job you would definitely never want?
The one I have. If I didn’t own the place I sure wouldn’t be doing what I am doing.
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
In 2020 it was the balcony but in 2019 it was a short trip to Rome with Daria. We had a great time walking around Rome until all hours and being right little tourist. It was a whole lot of fun.
12. Where do you hope to spend your next holiday?
I promised Daria we will go to Dugi Otok or Waikiki all depends on how and when we can “really” travel again. Maybe visiting home is not a bad idea to.
13. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
Seafood. Anything that swam in the ocean and found its way to the plate is fine by me. Well except nemo, what kind of sick individual must you be to want to eat nemo ?
14. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
I remember as a kid i went and saw Ghost Buster maybe 12 times with my friends. Thinking back i am not sure why, favourite hobby was camping and the outdoors or being on the water.
15. Red wine or white?
I actually don’t have a preference. My wine drinking is seasonal, in winter i dig the red and in summer white wine is fine. But if the bar has cocktails, me and the wine are no longer friends.
16. Book or movie?
Definitely a movie. You can’t really eat pizza or chips when reading a book.
17. Morning person or night person?
Morning person. I tend to be more productive when just about everyone else I know are still asleep and I have nothing to distract me,
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
There are a couple that I feel strongly about. The environment, domestic violence, homeless people, economically disadvantaged and sick children.
If we can all help just 1 person a day or even 1 person a week, the world wold be a better place in no time at all.
19. Buda or Pest side?
I am just going to pretend I didn’t see this question because I have good friends on both sides and I don’t have 3 hours to explain why I answered how I did. 😊
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
"Make a New Day". No matter what happens we are lucky enough to have tomorrow to make it right.
Ó utca 37.