Gustavo Dominguez, Wine Maker, Koch Winery Hungary
- 16 May 2023 1:51 PM
After studying oenology and viticulture in Germany, he decided to move to Hungary to start his new life with his wife, Pálma Koch, and their newborn daughter, Elsa Isabella.
Connecting the knowledge and winemaking experiences of Chile, Germany and the other countries he has traveled through, he now works in Hungary as an innovative source for new winemaking challenges at his in-laws' winery in Hungary.
Click here to virtualy visit Koch Winery
1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
I arrived August last year to Hungary and the reason is, love brought me here.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
I lived in Germany for almost three years.
3. What surprised you most about Hungary?
The quantity of paprika and raw onion they eat.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
Martin Church and the Cathedral in Pest.
5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
Kolbász and Salona (dried-sausage and bacon)
7. What is your favourite Hungarian word?
8. What do you miss most from home?
My family and friends, high mountains, the food and Spanish language of course.
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
10. What's a job you would definitely never want?
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
12. Where do you hope to spend your next holiday?
13. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
Eat beef and taste all the wines in the cellar.
14. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
15. Red wine or white?
16. Book or movie?
17. Morning person or night person?
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
19. Buda or Pest side?
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
If life gives you grapes, make wine and if you don’t like wine, distill it.