- 14 Jul 2023 6:00 PM
The Wáberer Medical Center provides market-leading expertise in private healthcare, in an exclusive environment, with state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment, comprehensive outpatient and inpatient care, and a cutting-edge, English-speaking team.
Róbert has been leading this team since 2019 and is still chasing his dream of creating a unique medical centre for the region, the best one possible focusing on both the local and the expat communities.
Under his leadership, the Wáberer Medical Center became the fastest-growing Private Hospital in 2022. He also serves as a Member of the Board of Joint Ventures Association.
1. Where did you grow up?
We lived in Gyula until I was seven, then we moved to Sátoraljaújhely. Since my university years, I have been living in Budapest.
2. If you could live abroad anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
I would not like to live abroad, but I am very open to all countries and different cultures. I love to go to different countries and get to know them, but I love even more to come back home and tell my family and friends about what I have seen there.
3. What would you miss the most if you moved away from Hungary?
My family and friends. All the time, I’m meeting people I know, even in the most unexpected places. I would really miss that.
4. Friends are in Budapest for the weekend – what must they see and do?
See Kossuth tér and its surroundings, Margaret Island, and take a boat trip on the Danube.
5. What is your favourite food?
Poppy-seed pasta and pea soup.
6. What is your favourite sport/form of exercise?
I like martial arts, krav maga and Thai boxing, as well as running, skiing, swimming and cycling.I also play football. So I'm an omnivore when it comes to sport.
7. What is your favourite place in Hungary?
The Zemplén hills. I can't get enough of them.
8. What career would you like to pursue other than your own?
I have never thought about it, because I am one of the lucky ones who do what I love. I have a creative job that I can help a lot of people with.
9. What job would you definitely never want to do?
Very monotonous, administrative, non-creative tasks are not for me.
10. Where did you spend your last holiday?
We took a trip down the water in the Czech Republic, where we slept in tents, and in Croatia, which is a fixed point every summer.
11. Where would you like to spend your next holiday?
We will be water touring in Hungary and Austria, we will also be going to Croatia, but we are also planning to go to London.
12. What was your favourite band, film or hobby as a teenager?
I didn’t have a particular favourite band. I loved Pulp Fiction, Indul a bakterház and Kelly’s Heroes.
13. Red wine or white wine?
I rarely drink, but if so, I prefer white.
14. Books or movies?
15. Morning person or night person?
16. Which social issue do you feel most concerned about?
Social inequalities, ageing societies and their challenges.
17. Buda or Pest?
The Pest city centre, which is very close to Buda.
18. Which achievement in your life are you most happy about?
First, my family. But I am very proud of the progress we have made at the Wáberer Medical Center and I hope to be even prouder if our future plans can be realised.
19. What would you say is your personal motto?
As Yoda said: “Do or do not. There is no try”.