- 4 Oct 2023 1:38 PM
Susan is someone always ready to develop a new project.
1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
I arrived on the 30th of April, 2022 and have been the ambassador of Brazil.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
Definitely! I have been posted to many countries before Hungary.
3. What surprised you most about Hungary?
Actually Hungary has fully lived up to my expectations. This is a very pleasant and confortable country to live. Hungarians are friendly and polite.
4. Friends are in Budapest for the weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
Difficult to choose among so many possibilities. I believe that walking around is a must, be it along the Danube, at Margaret Island or exploring different neighborhoods, particularly the Castle Hill area. And then you have so many cultural attractions! If my friends only had a weekend, I would recommend the Fine Arts Museum, the Ethnography Museum and the Ludwig Museum.
5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
Maybe this is not the spirit of the question, but I would mention your kefir and the delicious pogácsas.
6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
Sorry for repeating myself: kefir.
7. What is your favourite Hungarian word?
Köszönöm. This question relates to the main challange I face, the fact that I don't speak Hungarian.
8. What do you miss most from home?
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
I never really considered another profession.
10. What's a job you would definitely never want?
Difficult to say, but jobs in technical areas are not my main interest.
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
12. Where do you hope to spend your next holiday?
Not very creative: Brazil again.
13. Apart from temptation what can't you resist?
A good swimming pool.
14. What was your hobby as a teen?
Travel and take photographs.
15. Red or white?
16. Books or films?
17. Morning person or night person?
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
19. Buda or Pest?
Pest, because I live and work here.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Dream a lot, plan and fight to get what you want.
Photo by Bálint Kovács - taken during the opening of the exhibition Social Entrepreneurship in Vészprém-Balaton.