- 27 Jul 2017 10:00 AM
The Budapest Palinka and Sausage Festival is one of the fun events in Budapest in the fall, when the days are getting cooler but the mood is heightened by the Palinka shots (strong distilled fruit brandy), and the tasty Chorizo like Hungarian sausages.
The Hungarian Palinka and Sausage Festival this year will be held between 2 – 4 October, the venue is the grounds and courtyards of the scenic hilltop Buda Castle in Budapest.
Budapest Palinka and Sausage Festival days with concerts at 4pm, 6pm and 8pm
• Friday program from 2 pm to 2 am, usually with concerts in the evening, e.g. 6 pm Bohemian Betyars, 8 pm Kerekes Band
• Saturday program from 12 pm to 2 am, usually with concerts in the evening, e.g. : 4 pm Zombori Band, 6 pm Rom Ungro Boys, 8 pm Gypo Circus Concert
• Sunday program from 12 pm to 10 pm, usually with concerts in the evening, e.g. : 4 pm Galilelo Concert, 6 pm Cimbaliband Band, 8 pm Besh o Drom Concert Party
Tickets: HUF 2,000 for 1 day (including the tasting glass), or a festival pass for the 4 days for HUF 5,500 including
• full day entry to the festival (wrist band entitling to multiple entries, come and go as you wish)
• Tasting Glass for your Palinka shots