- 30 Jan 2018 9:00 AM
The station’s crime programme “Riasztás” could be produced by outside staff, in an effort to reduce costs.
HírTV’s daily news background programme “Newsroom” was expected to be removed from the screen as of Monday, website 24 reported. Poor ratings are to blame for the decision.
Sources told 24 that a new programme will succeed “Newsroom”, called “Frontvonal”, in which voters on the street will be interviewed for their opinions on the present political leadership.
Magyar Idők says it is common knowledge that Lajos Simicska’s media portfolio lost Ft 3 billion last year. The pro-government newspaper says Lánchíd Rádió is on the verge of closure, Magyar Nemzet faces an uncertain future and more staff members could join pro-Fidesz channel Echo TV.
Source: Hungary Around the Clock
This news item is one of many published daily by HATC, a premier subscription news service which distributes English-language info about Hungary via email or fax. For a free trial of HATC visit www.hatc.hu and click on 'Free Trial Subscription’.