- 16 May 2019 4:59 PM
More from the organisers: In the afternoon we will run family programs and you will be able to join a cool joint action. As the evening sets in there will be live concerts by Lashe Shave, noÁr and Kistehén, and others.
On May 19th, come to Szabadság Square /Budapest you will:
• celebrate vote counters, the heroes of the elections
• make a colorful move in the form of a joint action
• meet Hungary’s coolest social campaigns and communities
• collect the most powerful mobilizing stuff
• dance and sing with our performers: Lashe Shave, noÁr and the Kistehén band, and the evening DJs: Zsiga Bernáthy, Manakind and Man+Machine
• greet the inhabitants of Bucharest, Paris, Vienna, Warsaw, Stockholm, Berlin, Frankfurt, Milan and dozens of other cities live
Move Europe! is part of the Citizen Participation Week /Europe Goes Local Program series.
To receive the latest news about the event, register here.
During the week preceding the Move Europe! family day on May 19, the program series titled Citizen Participation Week/Europe Goes Local will take place in more than 30 locations across the country.
The message of the series is that local community spaces are the most important part of the European Union, more important than Kossuth Square or Brussels, as we have to take part in decision-making at the local level.
Further information: www.reszvetel.hu
Event organizers and partners: aHang, Civil College Foundation, Menők, Főnix
Parallel events across Europe:
Austria, Sweden (3 locations), Germany, Romania.
The Citizen Participation Week is one of Hungary’s largest civil society event series, with hundreds of organizations and institutions raising awareness of the importance of civic participation and local action through local events.
Date and time:
Sunday from 16:00 - 22:00
1054 Budapest Szabadság tér
Source: Event’s Facebook page