- 29 May 2012 12:00 PM
Click here to read his first interview.
I changed from the interior business to arts and opened three years ago my first art gallery, Ari Kupsus GalleryArt & Antique, in Palace quarters at Bródy Sándor utca. In January this year I opened the second gallery, Ari Kupsus GalleryGRAPHICS, in Német utca.
This gallery has also a graphic workshop and painting school run by one of the most famous art teacher, prof. Gabor Nagy from the Academy of Fine Arts and his wife graphic artist/painter Alexandra Nádas. I have also started a project with the local goverment of Jozsefváros to make Palace quarters the Art District of Budapest. More over, I am closely working with the local government of Iszkaszentgyörgy to activate the cultural life in the village and started to build up a museum in the historical Amadé-Bajzath-Pappenheim castle.
2. On a scale of 1 to 10 how happy are you with your life in Hungary, and why?
9, I am very happy with my life here in Hungary. I still adore the beautiful classical buildings of Budapest and the cultural life here.
3. What’s the best party you’ve been to while in Hungary, and why?
The best parties were Mega Celebration-parties, my own 40th and 45th birthday parties :-) More than 120 party mooded lovely friends joined both parties dressed up in fancy outfits. That was great fun!
4. What’s your favourite drink?
Still the Hungarian full bodied red wine. And of course the delicious ice wine "Ambrosia" from Sümegi winery.
5. What hidden talents do you have?
After drinking one shot of Finlandia vodka I can sing the aria of the Queen of the Night from the Magic Flute opera.......but this is a secret thing.....
6. What was the most interesting travel trip you have ever taken?
Being a guest of the Indian diamond king in Mumbai for two weeks !!!! Unbelievable journey....
7. If you were given a wish that could come true, what would you ask for?
Can I have two wishes?? First one would be more, and enough, funds for all these talented Hungarian students of the Academies of Music and Fine Arts to ease their financial burden to finish their studies. The second one would be to find a company to finish the roof project in the beautiful "bérpalota" where I have my residence.....
8. What’s the last book you read, and movie you watched?
Book: "Born to Serve the TsarGeneral Mannerheim" by Aleksei Skvarov. Not watching films so much......
9. If someone wrote a biography about you, what would the title be?
Artist of the LifeHow to enjoy every day of your life
10. What is the perfect pizza toppings combination for you?
Szalámi, sonka, édes paprika, hagyma, oliva, extra sajt és külön fokhagyma
11. If you could trade places with any other person for a week, real or fictional, with whom would it be?
Peter the Great, Tsar of Russia
12. On a scale of 1 to 10 how unusual are you, and why?
9, I am living almost my dream life and enjoying every day of it!
13. What’s the best website you’ve ever visited, and why?
www.arikupsusgallery.com , lots of great art!
14. Who do you admire the most, and why?
My late grandmother. She was a powerful and respected figure and she gave me my motto according to which I have been living....
15. What do you like best and least about living in Hungary?
I like the variation of the culture programs here and the beauty of the buildings in my neighbourhood, Palace district. I do not like how the country has been divided in two according to the politics.....
16. What has made the biggest impact on your life so far, and why?
Arriving to Budapest for the first time. I was shocked of the beauty of the city. It changed all my plans within one day and made me move from Warsaw to Budapest instead of moving back to Helsinki.
17. If you won USD 30 million, what would you do with the money?
Read my answer for the question nr 7!!!!
18. If your life had a theme song, what would it be?
"Mä elän" (I live) by Oscar Merikanto
19. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
Down town in St.Petersburg with Central European climate
20. In ten years from now what will you be doing?
Hopefully the same as now.........plus having few art galleries more, but abroad.....