- 19 Jun 2013 12:00 PM
Click here to read his first interview
More then a lot.... I reorganized completely by business in 2007, merged several companies and redefined the main business streams of my consulting activities.
I moved offices and did large scale investments in my organization becoming the leader in providing services to Italian investors.
In 2008 we launched the only daily web magazine about the Hungarian economy in Italian language (www.economia.hu) and in 2010 the first database of all Italian investments in the Country (over 2.350 companies, employing over 27.500 people with a sales turnover of about 4 billion euro)
At home big changes too... I married with Cristina (from Verona in Italy, my hometown) and in 2010 Alberto, our boy, joined the family!
I just got in early June the high recognition from the Italian Government with the title of Officer, for the development of bilateral economic relations.
2. On a scale of 1 to 10 how happy are you with your life in Hungary, and why?
Every day I am happy from 1 to 10 and from 10 to 1... positive and negative happenings every day! But that is the real fuel of life. Great problems, great opportunities!
One thing is sure, you never get bored in Budapest: there are always surprises beyond the corner... and social life is good beside excellent food and one of the most panoramic capital towns in Europe!
3. What's the best party you've been to while in Hungary, and why?
Of course the one we organize once a year at the end of May: www.budapestbusinessparty.com
A great getting together full of games and a fantastic atmosphere!
4. What's your favourite drink?
Aperol Spritz, a real Italian!
5. What hidden talents do you have?
Only a few can tell.... But most of my talents are well know; I don't know how to hide talents, I can only hide defects.
6. What was the most interesting travel trip you have ever taken?
Namibia: my honey moon. The best trip in the most amazing nature I have ever seen.
7. If you were given a wish that could come true, what would you ask for?
Become a great golf player. I love to play, but I never reached the level I wish...
8. What's the last book you read, and movie you watched?
"Una lama di luce" written by Camilleri, a great writer from the South of Italy. Impossible to translate...
The last movie has being: "Searching for Nemo"; I saw it at least twice per day in the last 3 months with my son. You know how a two years kid is....
9. If someone wrote a biography about you, what would the title be?
"United by Passion for Enterprise: the soul of an Italian man"
10. What is the perfect pizza toppings combination for you?
Pizza con i porcini (wild mushrooms)
11. If you could trade places with any other person for a week, real or fictional, with whom would it be?
I think my wife is going to read this interview..... therefore with my best friend from Italy!
12. On a scale of 1 to 10 how unusual are you, and why?
Difficult to say; for several people I am in the upper scale, because they think they know everything about me and then "big" unexpected surprises happens... I would say 8 is correct!
13. What's the best website you've ever visited, and why?
www.google.com, because from here the universe starts!
14. Who do you admire the most, and why?
I admire any person that combines success with intelligence and moral integrity. Success intended not as a quantity of money but as the realization of the dream of the person.
15. What do you like best and least about living in Hungary?
Best: the freedom I feel in my daily life. I feel constantly challenged to create new and new ideas and business concepts
Least: the lack of capacity to serve with a true smile from several people. Life is beautiful at every level! Enjoy!
16. What has made the biggest impact on your life so far, and why?
My wedding. I had to learn to reorganize my life in a different way, but at the same time has also become a kind of oasis of peace in my daily activities. It is beautiful to come back home and find a family in a warm atmosphere.
17. If you won USD 30 million, what would you do with the money?
Completing our house (work in progress) and play some more golf, but for the rest I would probably not plan such big changes for the time being...
18. If your life had a theme song, what would it be?
"I am a hero..." mixed by a good disc jockey with "Felicitá..."
19. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
I think there are still a lot of places I haven't seen, but Verona is still my home town.
20. In ten years from now what will you be doing?
Probably the same like today, with the same enthusiasm but hopefully in a larger scale.