- 20 Jan 2022 1:48 PM
My purpose in life is to spread love, light and positivity and I have found Yoga as a wonderful tool to do this.
Currently my events are based in Hungary. I held (bilingual) indoor and outdoor group classes, private lessons and in cooperation with 'Awaken - The Healing Thinking', we organise and run daytime yoga hikes, night walks with meditation sessions, star gazing, sound baths and what not. On my yoga classes I use esoteric instruments to help my practitioners reach full integration (mind*body*soul*) and liberation.
Dora Yoga's mission involves also the creation and convergence of a community, who likes spirituality, healing, yoga, hiking and nature.
Today, this community of wonderful like-minded people (yogis & hikers) already exists and I named it 'Hike&Yoga Budapest'.
1. Where did you grow up?
I grew up in Hungary, but I've lived a long time abroad.
2. If you could be an expat anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
3. What would you miss most if you moved away from Hungary?
I would miss the richness of hiking trails and the huge trees from here.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
The first day I would show them the Buda Castle, The Fisherman's Bastion, the views from Citadella, the Heroes Square and Vàrosliget, then I'd take them for dinner to experience the Hungarian cuisine in a traditional restaurant (csàrda). On the second day of the weekend I would put my friends in my car and I'd take them for a sightseeing tour around the Danube bend (Dunakanyar). We would explore my favourite places: Szentendre, Visegrád, the szigetcsúcs in Kisoroszi and Esztergom.
5. What is your favourite food?
Catfish stew with cottage cheese pasta
6. What is your favourite sport / form of exercise?
Hiking combined with Yoga!
7. What is your favourite place in Hungary?
Lillafüred - Bükk mountains.
8. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
I would save animals.
9. What’s a job you would definitely never want?
Any office job.
10. Where did you spend your last vacation?
In Czech Republic.
11. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
I am happy discovering Hungary now!
12. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
My favourite hobby was socialising.
13. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
14. Red wine or white?
White wine with sparkling water (Fröccs)
15. Book or movie?
16. Morning person or night person?
17. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Sustainability. Green tourism.
All humans on this planet should be taking much more care of Mother Nature and it's treasures. We are just taking taking taking... and not giving anything back and this behaviour will have serious consequences in the close future and many issues are already present. Such as, global warming, animals go extinct, air and noise pollution, forests are dying, contamination of oceans, etc.
Nowadays, our society is driven by money and power (material things) and I find this VERY WRONG and all people should immediately stop going toward the same direction! We should stop consuming this much and start acting responsibly at all times and focusing on preventing harm, instead of just using the resources provided by nature and completely destroying Mother Earth!!
18. Buda or Pest side?
19. Which achievement in your life are you most pleased about?
I feel blessed about many things. It's hard to choose only one. Currently, perhaps is the creation of my yoga community here in Hungary.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Find out who you are and what's your purpose in life. Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone. Get things done. You are capable of anything you can imagine. Work hard and let things go. You'll see soon that you are manifesting your dream. ~ my own