- 30 Aug 2023 4:16 PM
His extensive background has provided him with a deep understanding of the intricacies of the hotel business, allowing him to consistently uphold high standards and create memorable guest experiences.
Cameron's passion for the industry and his dedication to fostering a culture of excellence have made him a respected figure in the world of hospitality.
1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
Arrived last October to begin the Pre-Opening process for our soon to open Dorothea Hotel, Budapest, Autograph Collection in Vörösmarty Sq. a stunning new luxury product in the heart of Budapest, a brand which is part of Marriott International.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
I left South Africa in 1993 and have moved to several countries, UK, Russia, Georgia.
3. What surprised you most about Hungary?
The beauty of the country, I was not sure what to expect prior to arriving, yet in a small area there are such outstanding landscapes.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
A walking tour by locals to ensure you see all the hidden gems of the city, also a trip to a vineyard is a must.
5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
Champagne…. Never forgot to celebrate great times in life.
7. What is your favourite Hungarian word?
Igen…. Always looking to say yes rather than no!
8. What do you miss most from home?
Friends, but it’s great that they come and visit to reconnect.
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
Architecture, I love and am fascinated with the design of buildings and structures.
10. What's a job you would definitely never want?
Anything that does not challenge me or is mundane.
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
South Africa on Safari, I have a lot of family in South Africa so it was wonderful spending time seeing them and having some quality time with them.
12. Where do you hope to spend your next holiday?
Would like to explore a new country, perhaps within South America.
14. What was your favourite band as a teen?
I always enjoyed many genres of music but would say U2.
15. Red wine or white?
Red predominately, I enjoy a good South Africa Pinotage or Italian Amerone
16. Book or movie?
Both, movies for some escapism and books with regards to life experiences and learnings.
17. Morning person or night person?
Enjoy getting up early due to my profession and have been known to be a night owl…
18. Buda or Pest side?
Buda, both sides certainly have their own merits, but I like the tranquillity of Buda and the more greener part of Budapest.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Keep busy and be useful!