- 19 Sep 2023 1:34 PM
This includes two online wine magazines, a WSET APP wine school, an online wine shop and numerous regular wine tasting events.
Moreover, he is the founder & CEO of the Winelovers Wine Awards international wine competition and the Winelovers Selection wine brand.
Besides his wine qualifications, he also has a masters in economic sciences, faculty of finance and accounting, and an MSc in Law.
1. Where did you grow up?
Next to Békéscsaba, south-eastern part of Hungary. My childhood was strongly connected with Wenkheim castle in Szabadkígyós. An excellent place for a child with significant influence to his fantasy world and personality development.
2. If you could be an expat anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
London or Vienna, best cities in the world. I would definitely live in a big city and in Europe, with a European identity.
3. What would you miss most if you moved away from Hungary?
Budapest, a capital city that Hungary does not deserve.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
See Buda castle district thoroughly and run one or two circle in Margit island, on Sarolta Monspart running circle.
5. What is your favourite food?
A very simple one: jasmine rice with roasted chicken.
6. What is your favourite sport / form of exercise?
7. What is your favourite place in Hungary?
Buda, 2nd district, the place where I live.
8. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
Stock broker or portfolio manager or any other position in finance.
9. What’s a job you would definitely never want?
To be a clergyman.
10. Where did you spend your last vacation?
11. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
12. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
My favourite film was/is Chariots of Fire. I have watched it 17 times so far.
13. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
To learn new things every day.
14. Red wine or white?
Any wine, any time, any place.
15. Book or movie?
Book, definitely. Higher involvement is the key in understanding.
16. Morning person or night person?
All day, all life person.
17. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Declining birth rates in the modern world.
18. Buda or Pest side?
Buda, 2nd district, a small place of Europe in Hungary.
19. Which achievement in your life are you most pleased about?
To be able to build myself from absolute nothing and to be a highly educated person both in wine and business.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
I love mottos, my favourites are:
Just do it (Nike)
“Winning is a habit. And unfortunately so is losing.” (Vincent Lombardi)
‘What we do in life echoes in eternity” (Maximus in Gladiator movie)