Updated Invitation: Xpat Charity Party, Marriott Ballroom, On Sunday 5 November
- 2 Nov 2017 3:00 AM
* Remember, remember, the 5th of November: Guests get a free Day Pass (worth 6000 ft) for a premier Health & Fitness Club *
50+ guests have already registered to enjoy a fine selection of food & drinks, special entertainment, the free raffle, and a live auction conducted by the British Ambassador. As always there'll be a virtual bonfire & fireworks, and a few nice surprises, which all add up to make this a worthwhile social networking event.
Budapest Marriott Hotel
Curry House, Special Effects
Pappas Auto Magyarország, Kreativ Dental Clinic
HE Eric Fournier, French Ambassador, HE Maria José Teixeira de Morais Pires, Portuguese Ambassador, HE Jose Angel Lopez Jorrin, Spanish Ambassador, HE Massimo Rustico, Italian Ambassador, Mr David Kostelancik, US Chargé d’Affaires, HE Rahul Chhabra, Indian Ambassador, HE Mohammed Abdulhadi Al Matrafi, Saudi Ambassador, HE Marie-France André, Belgian Ambassador, Gerhard Staflinger Austrian Attaché, Veronica Chabin, Ambassador of Chile, Zsuzsa Demcsák, Angela Fairs, Petra Szalai, Rick Enders, Richard Dyer, Paul Slocombe, William Clothier, Jean Pierre Mifsud, and of course Her Majesty's Ambassador Iain Lindsay OBE - pictured below in action last year, click here to see more photos from the 2016 event
The whole international community in Hungary is welcome to this British style 'Guy Fawkes - Bonfire Night' party. It's a feel good event as we'll all be supporting local charities whilst celebrating the 17th anniversary of XpatLoop.com
* Virtual bonfire and fireworks display
* A special 'fireworks dance performance' choreographed especially for this event by Danielle Gould (Canada) for internationBalLET led by Mark Biocca (British-Italian dancer and co-founder), Angela Mingardo (Italian dancer and co-founder), and Gaetano Cottonaro (dancer) - all members of the Hungarian National Ballet.
* Live pop, soul and funky numbers by Fruzsina Vincze
* Solo performance by Dávid Hegyi: ‘Celebration of George Michael’
* Márk Fülep, live flute music to welcome guests
* Taste & Play' Wine Casino Games (for free, not cash, for fun!)
* Fine selection of whites, rozés, reds + sparkling thanks to Veritas
Participating wineries include: Bárdos, Bujdosó, Dubicz, Haraszthy, LPS, Pajzos- Megyer, Tiffán, Thummerer, Vesztergombi...
* Welcome drinks from Bortársaság (Kárásztelek Friza Gyöngyöző, Vayi Frizzante Rozé, Gilvesy Bohém, Konyári Zenit)
* Cocktail bar by FARM Budapest
* Palinka tasting by Marton & Lányai
* Whisky tasting, outstanding single malts from Whiskynet.hu
* Sake and Umeshu tasting by Intercooperation Zrt.
* Unicum tasting, Zwack Szilva (plum)
* Free-flowing Hungarian draft beer + cider
* Mulled wine thanks to Hilltop
* Indian beer tasting by Dasvir
* Arriba Taqueria Mexican salsa & fresh chips
* Zsófia Cruise Ship Hungarian sandwiches & gulyás soup
* Trattoria Toscana Traditional Italian onion soup, luxury duck lasagne
* Marriott Mini Marriott Burgers, Hasselback Potatoes + Coleslaw
* British Pantry traditional pork chipolata sausages (gluten free)
* Planet Sushi Selection of maki
* Fuji Japanese Restaurant Fresh 'Kodako Teriyaki' - baby octopus
* Mr Masala Indian Chicken tikka masala, vegetarian dish, pilau rice
* Okay Italia Authentic Italian pizza
* Clark Picnic Hungarian chimney cake
* Noir Chocolate Sweet delights from Erika & Monika Reich
* Gina Cukrászda Birthday cake: Hungary's 'Cake of the Year 2017': Balatoni Habos Mogyorotorta 'Balaton Whipped-Cream Hazelnut Cake'
Live Auction Prizes From
1. The Writer's Villa, two night stay in heritage listed building with 7 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, pool, steam rooms, jacuzzi, bar, and more (value HUF 1 million)
2. Budapest Marriott Hotel weekend in the Presidential Suite for 2, with Hungarian sparkling wine, breakfast, and Executive Lounge access (value: HUF 800.000)
3. Celebrity chef Marvin Gauci prepares a 9 course meal inc. carviar at Caviar & Bull Restaurant for 4 people x 2 (value HUF 250.000 for 4)
4. Zsófia Boat 'Champagne Cruise' on the Danube for up to 300 people (value HUF 500,000)
5. Mercedes-Benz bicycle (value HUF 475.000)
6. Hungarian Football League Champions Budapest Honved FC: 2 tickets to the Owners Box at the Bozsik Stadium, plus a Honved Shirt Signed by the goal king Eppel Martin and star midfielder Davide Lanzafame (value HUF 400.000)
7. HMA HE Mr. Iain Lindsay OBE British Ambassador to Hungary, donation of a painting of Diana, Princess of Wales (value HUF 250.000)
8. FirstMed 1 Year Premium Health Plan (value HUF 195.000)
9. Pioneer Pictures Guided Tour of local locations of Hollywood blockbuster ‘Atomic Blonde’, starring Charlize Theron, James McAvoy, John Goodman (value HUF 150.000)
10. Dez O’Connell's classic cocktail class and workshop for 3 people (value HUF 100.000)
Beautiful paintings by local artists: Dorka Banki, Júlia Végh
Silent Auction Presented by TV Celebrity Zsuzsa Demcsák
* U-Save Autorental: Toyota CHR Hybrib for 1 week (value HUF 140.000)
* Holmes Place Gold membership for 6 months (value HUF 120.000)
* Villa Pátzay wine-hotel in Badacsony, Balaton, weekend for 2 B&B plus a special wine tasting (value: HUF 100.000+)
* Costes 5 course dinner with wine pairing for two (value HUF 100.000+)
* Hungarian State Opera 2 subscription packages for premieres of the 2018/19 season at the Opera House and the Erkel Theatre (value HUF 100.000)
* Costes Downtown 5 course dinner with wine pairing for two (value HUF 90.000)
* Pajzos-Megyer 6 bottles of 5 puttonyos Tokaji Aszú (value: HUF 60.000)
* Hungarian State Opera 2 subscription packages for performances of the 2017/18 season at the Erkel Theatre (value: HUF 50.000),
* Hungarian State Opera 2 tickets to the Ring Night (10 February 2018) (value HUF 40.000)
* Simon Skottowe tailor – a green wool/cashmere scarf works for both men and women (value HUF 35.000)
* Curry House dinner for two plus 24 bottles of Dasvir Indian beer (value HUF 30.000+)
* Brunch for 2 from Budapest Marriott Hotel (value HUF 22.000)
* Buddha-Bar Sunday Brunch for 2 (value HUF 20.000)
* Baalbek voucher (value HUF 20,000)
* La Perle Noire Restaurant dinner for two (value HUF 20.000)
If you would like to support the Silent Auction by offering a valuable prize just click here
Name-Card Raffle Prizes From
Anna Jankovics, Ark Properties,Arriba Taqueria, Aviareps, Brody Studios, City Taxi, Etyeki Kúria, ExpatShop.hu, Émile Restaurant, FirstMed, Hungarian State Opera, Magnolia Day Spa, Mid Atlantic Films, Trattoria Toscana, CinemaCity, Iguana, Okay Italia, Sziget Festival, Trafó .
Master of Ceremonies
Scott Alexander Young
Party tunes from DeeJay Mr. T.
Donation of HUF 10.000, or more, per person, payable upon arrival.
All funds raised will go to local charities supporting children in need.
At the entrance every guest will be offered a free day pass to a premier health & fitness club, Holmes Place Budapest, worth HUF 6000.
RSVP by clicking here
(in case of any technical issues please email info(at)xpatloop.com)
Places available are limited to 200, guests are registered on a 'first come first served' basis, everyone who makes it on to the official guest list will be notified about their confirmed place prior to the event.
BCCH. BBJ, Clearwater, D&T, Prohuman Hostess Company, The Budapest Times
Russell Skidmore, Marcus Schirrmacher
Jason Leung, Infinitum
Note About Photos & Video
Still and moving images will be taken at the event, and by participating guests consent to these images being taken and published by the organizing partners.
Nóra Szegedi, Ildikó Kemény,
* Adults Only: 18+
* Dress: Smart Casual
* Timing: Arrivals from 6pm, VIP welcome at 7pm, farewell at 10.30pm
* Date: Sunday 5 November 2017
* Where: Grand Ballroom, Marriott Budapest Hotel
* Address: 1052 Budapest, Apáczai Csere János u. 4.
Participating XpatLoop.com Clients
American International School, Britannica School Budapest, Budapest British International School, Buddha Bar Hotel, Cinema City, Colling Financial Services, Corinthia Hotel, FirstMed, Fuji Restaurant, Keystone, Planet Sushi, Sziget, The British International School, U-Save Car Rental.
The goal is to raise around HUF 4.5 million, which will all go to:
* Young People in Need (Rászoruló Fiatalok): focusing on solutions to emotional abuse of Hungarian children up to the age of 18, this non-profit also supports other local charities helping children in need, including the following:
* Magic Lamp Wish Granting Foundation (Csodalampa): helps 3-18 year old children suffering from a life-threatening illness,
* SOS Children’s Village: sponsors children to give them a loving family home, education and healthcare.
Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November:
* See What Happened @ XpatLoop's Party For Charity in 2016
* Xpat Party For Charity 2016, Photo Gallery 1
* Xpat Party For Charity 2016, Photo Gallery 2
* Xpat Party For Charity 2016, Photo Gallery 3
Gabor Patzauer, Founder & President of The Csodalampa 'MagicLamp' Foundation, "Our team is greatly honoured that it’s mission of granting 260-300 wishes per year for very ill children is supported by XpatLoop readers, thank you!"
LATEST NEWS IN community & culture