- 6 Apr 2012 9:10 AM
Apparently that ensured the girls became good wives, able to bare many children. In exchange for a dousing the young females were supposed to reward their visitors with painted eggs; chocolate treats; and maybe even a shot of pálinka.
As you may know, perfume is sprinkled on the ladies rather than water these days. Read on for a selection of Easter Events around the country.
Easter Celebrations Around Hungary
* Hungarian Easter Festival In Hollókő
* Easter In Mezőkövesd, Hungary, (in Hungarian)
* Celebrate Easter In Szentendre (in Hungarian)
Easter Programs in the Hungarian Capital
* Easter In The Royal Castle Budapest
* Budapest Zoo, Budapest Amusement Park and the Museum of Hungarian Agriculture have special programs near the Budapest City Park, all are ideal options for families.
* Easter Programmes For Families At Elevenpark
* Easter Party At Orczy Adventure Park, Budapest, 8 April
* An 'Easter Market' is being held in the lobby of the InterContinental Hotel Budapest, with mouth-watering take-away specialties. Carrot cake, coloured boiled eggs and, milk loaf and much more are waiting for you..