- 11 Aug 2014 8:00 AM
The Budapest Card has been renewed from April 2014 according to the followings:
Types & Prices (Ft/EUR)
24-hour Budapest Card - 4.500 HUF/17 EUR
48-hour Budapest Card - 7.500 HUF/28 EUR
72-hour Budapest Card - 8.900 HUF/33 EUR
Most important services available with the Card
• Free use of the BKV public transport system during the validity of the card on the following modes of transport: metro, Millennium Underground Railway, cogwheel railway, trams, buses, trolleybuses, scheduled boats and suburban railway (within the administrative boundary of Budapest). On suburban railway lines a supplementary suburban is required for journeys extending beyond the city; these must be purchased at the BKK suburban ticket offices before entering the railway. Budapest Card is valid without any additional ticket on bus 200E between the city and the airport terminals.
• Free sightseeing tours – Budapest Card also provides two free walking sightseeing tours with an English-speaking guide. Tour on Buda side start at 2:00 pm, on Pest side the start time is 10:30 am. The tours are held every day and last for approximately 2-2,5 hours.
• Free entry to the St Lukács Bath - During the validation time of the Budapest Card each Card holder can enter once to the Lukács Bath – ticket with locker usage
• Free entry to 8 museums: Budapest History Museum, Kiscelli Museum, Aquincum Museum and Archaeological Park, New Budapest Galery, Museum of Fine Arts, Hungarian National Gallery, Vasarely Museum, Hopp Ferenc East-Asian Art Museum. During the validation time of the Budapest Card each Card holder can enter once to each museum for free of charge (to the permanent exhibitions). These museums give 10 % off from the temporary exhibitions.
• Free download of Pocket Guide app - Free access to 12+1 thematical Budapest tours in four languages – Hungarian, English, German and Italian
• Other discounts – in addition, cardholders enjoy discounts ranging from 10-50% on nearly 70 different services (thermal baths, museums, sights, events, sightseeing tours and restaurants). The Budapest Card brochure and the website of the card: www.budapest-card.com includes a detailed description of discounted services which are available with the Budapest Card.
Free Budapest Card brochure
The booklet is an official publication about the capital edited by the Budapest Festival and Tourism Centre Non-profit Ltd. It is published between 1 April 2014 and 31 March 2015 in 6 languages (Hungarian, English, German, Russian, French, Italian). The brochure is available for every tourist who visits Budapest without any exceptions, and salesmen at the sales points of the Budapest Card are obliged to attach it to every card purchased.
The use of Budapest Card
The Budapest Card guarantees the discounts for one person. The name of the card holder must be written on the card, so the card cannot be assigned to somebody else after signature. To be able to use the card it has to be filled in – it shall be signed by its holder and the date of first use shall be indicated on it the following order: month, day, hour (the last full hour elapsed on that day without the minutes). Please be careful with the date, because Cards with corrected or unreadable data are no longer valid.
After filling it in and signing it, the card must be shown up when using public transportation. At any other service, the card’s NFC-chip allows the client to get the discount. For that, NFC readers are settled to every service provider. A guide for correct completion is included in the Budapest Card brochure. If the card is completed incorrectly at the sales point, the salesman should exchange it at the purchase location, giving a new, blank card and retaining the spoilt one.