- 23 Oct 2018 10:14 AM
FirstMed are the main sponsor, once again, and also as usual there'll be virtual fireworks, live music, lots of refreshments, plus a few surprises...
Which all combine to make this an enjoyable and worthwhile event to attend for the benefit of local children in need.
Come to socialise with expats and VIP's from Budapest’s business, diplomatic, and cultural circles, at this feel good event which also celebrates the 18th anniversary of XpatLoop.com
Budapest Marriott Hotel
Special Effects International
Pászka & Partners, Stan Ahuja Couture
Guests of Honour:
You! with the following, in no particular order, Mr. Dennis Diokno, CEO, FirstMed, Mrs. Caitlin Jones, Deputy Ambassador at British Embassy, H.E. María Verónica Chahin Sarah, Ambassador of Republic of Chile, Mr. Lalarison Richard Louis Randrianasolo, Honorary Consul of Madagascar, Mr. Alejandro Vázquez Martínez, Mexican Cultural Attaché, H. E. Mr. Raul Alfredo Salazar Cosio, Ambassador of Peru, and more...
The international community in Hungary has come together for over a decade at this British style 'Guy Fawkes - Bonfire Night' party.
* Live vocals by the beautifully talented Klára Hajdu, with Oláh Krisztián
* Virtual bonfire & fireworks display
* Surprize magic by Anna Balogh
* ‘Taste & Play' wine casino games (for fun, not cash:)
* Live pop, soul and funky numbers by Cintia and Badman
* The Red Line, an exciting new expat band, will play Red Hot Chili Peppers covers
* Party tunes from DJ Mr. T of Buddha Bar Budapest
* Veritas: fine selection of whites, rozés, reds + sparkling wine:
Villa Pátzay from Badacsony, Tiffán from Villány, Kiss Attila from Mátra. Lantos from Kunság, Patricius from Tokaj, Hilltop from Neszmély
* Zwack: Unicum cocktail Bar,
* Hedon: Craft Beer tasting,
* Márton and Lányai: Palinka tasting,
* Mauro Coffee,
* Budapest Beer Week - beer tasting
* Iguana Bar: Frozen Margaritas,
* Clearwater soft drink bar with a variety of syrups
* Bortársaság: welcoming tastes from the following fine wineries: Kárásztelek Friza Gyöngyöző, Béla & Bandi Gyöngyöző, Gilvesy Bohém, Konyári Fecske Fehér, Konyári Fecske Vörös.
* Arriba Taqueria: Mexican salsa & fresh chips
* Szomszéd Kertje GastroPub: Canapés, and BBQ on ballroom terrace using a Yagoona Grill
* Marriott Hotel: Mini Marriott Burger, Hasselback potatoes, Coleslaw
* Trattoria Toscana: Traditional Italian onion soup, luxury duck lasagne
* Planet Sushi: Selection of fresh Japansese maki
* Mr Masala Indian: Chicken tikka masala, vegetarian dish, pilau rice
* Okay Italia: Authentic Italian pizza
* Zsófia Cruise Ship: Hungarian open sandwiches & gulyás soup
* Wan Hao: Chinese Dim Sum delights inc Jiao with prawn, Cantonese fried rice noodle with beef.
* Japanika: Selection of Sushi served in traditional boats
* Clark Picnic: Hungarian chimney cake, freshly baken the the Ballroom terrace
* Noir Chocolate: Sweet delights from Erika & Monika Reich
* Mr Funk: Selection of funky fresh tasty Donuts
* Zsidai Group: XpatLoop's 18th birthday cakeS! :)
Donation of HUF 10.000, or more, per person, payable upon arrival.
All guests get a free Day Pass (worth HUF 6000) for Go Active Premier Health & Fitness Club.
Registration RSVP by clicking here
* In case of any technical issues please email info(at)xpatloop.com
* Guests registered on a 'first come first served' basis, everyone on the official guest list will be notified by email about their confirmed place prior to the event.
Master of Ceremonies: Hans Peterson - "Deep, Rich, Smooth, & Wise"
* Dress: Smart Casual
* Age: Adults 18+ (no children)
* Timing: Arrivals from 6pm, VIP welcome at 7pm, farewell at 11.30pm
* Date: Saturday 27 October
* Where: Grand Ballroom, Marriott Budapest Hotel
1052 Budapest, Apáczai Csere János u. 4.
The goal is to raise around HUF 5 million from donations at the event, which will all go to:
* UNICEF Hungary: works to save children’s lives, to defend their rights, and to help them fulfil their potential, from early childhood through adolescence.
* Magic Lamp Wish Granting Foundation (Csodalampa): helps 3-18 year old children suffering from a life-threatening illnesses.
* Young People in Need (Rászoruló Fiatalok) Non-Profit Organisation: focuses on solutions to emotional abuse of Hungarian children up to the age of 18, this non-profit also supports other local charities helping children in need including the ones named above.
Live Auction For Charity With Marvin Gauci
1. The Writer's Villa, two night stay in heritage listed building with 7 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms, pool, steam rooms, jacuzzi, bar, and more (value HUF 1 million).
2. Budapest Marriott Hotel weekend in the Presidential Suite for 2, with Hungarian sparkling wine, breakfast, and Executive Lounge access (value: HUF 800.000).
3. Celebrity chef Marvin Gauci prepares a 9 course meal inc. carviar at Caviar & Bull Restaurant for 4 people (2 prizes each of the value HUF 300.000).
4. Zsófia Boat 'Champagne Cruise' on the Danube for up to 300 people (value HUF 600,000)
5. Budapest Airport VIP package for a family (2 adults + 3 kids) (value HUF 285.000)
6. FirstMed 1 Year Premium Health Plan (value HUF 200.000)
7. Dez O’Connell's classic cocktail class and workshop for 3 people (value HUF 150.000)
Art Auction, Presented By Zsuzsa Demcsak
* Beáta Kovács: collection of paintings inc. several of 'Princess Diana' (value HUF 350.000)
* Emőke Lőrincz: painting titled 'Lanterns' (value HUF 170.000)
* Franciska Szabó: painting titled 'Façades 1 - Budapest 2' (value HUF 150.000)
* Kitti Gebler: painting titled 'A Kid' (value HUF 135.000)
Silent Auction, Presented By Zsuzsa Demcsak
1. Life / business coaching package for three month (value HUF 180.000)
2. Costes Restaurant 5 course dinner voucher with wine pairing for 2 (value HUF 103.000)
3. Hungarian State Opera: 2 subscription packages for premieres of the 2019 /20 season at the Opera House and the Erkel Theatre (value: HUF 100.000)
4. Costes Downtown 5 course dinner voucher with wine pairing for 2 (value HUF 88.000)
5. FirstMed health maintenance exam (value HUF 87,300)
6. BadCat Serengeti ladies shopping bike, offered by Accell Hunland Kft (value HUF 70.000)
7. Hungarian State Opera: Two subscription packages for performances of the 2019/20 season at the Erkel Theatre Budapest (value HUF 50.000)
8. Whiskynet: Invergordon 1988 - Strawberry Fondant Icing - Wemyss (value HUF 44.000)
9. Hungarian State Opera: Italian Night with Sonya Yoncheva at the Budapest Opera House for 2 people (2 March 2019) (value HUF 28.800)
10. Buddha-Bar Restaurant voucher for lunch or dinner (value HUF 20.000)
11. La Perle Noire Restaurant and Lounge voucher for lunch or dinner (value HUF 20.000)
12. Hungarian State Opera: Night of Stars Gala at the Budapest Opera House for 2 people (value HUF 15.000)
Business Card Draw Prizes:
Glenfiddich Single Malt Whisky from Ecosse Limited, Magnum of Etyeki Kúria Pinot Noir in gift box, Unicum Riserva signed by Sándor Zwack, Day pass to Corinthia Royal Spa for 2 guests, Budapest Airport booklet of ten fast track vouchers, Budapest Airport free parking for one week, Good Spirit Bar vouchers, City Taxi vouchers, Magnolia Day Spa voucher, Budapest Marriott Health Club, and more...
British Chamber of Commerce in Hungary, Budapest Business Journal, InfoGuide, Prohuman Hostess Company, The Budapest Times
Photo & Video
Thanks to Russell Skidmore, Marcus Schirrmacher, Tom Szelpal
* Important: Still and moving images will be taken at the event, and by participating guests consent to these images being taken and published by the organizing partners.
Participating XpatLoop.com Clients
American International School, Britannica School Budapest, Buddha Bar Hotel, Budapest British International School, Caviar & Bull, Cinema City, Corinthia Hotel, Colling Financial Services, FirstMed, MOON42, Planet Sushi, Sziget Festival, The British International School, U-Save Car Rental.
Click here to See What Happened @ Xpat Charity Party on Bonfire Night In Budapest 2017
Gabor Patzauer, Founder & President of The Csodalampa 'MagicLamp' Foundation, "Our team is greatly honoured that its mission of granting 260-300 wishes per year for very ill children is supported by XpatLoop.com readers, thank you!"
* In case you are interested in sponsoring this event please click here.