- 10 Jun 2011 12:00 PM
1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
I arrived last January, I was designated as Mexican Ambassador to Hungary.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
I have been posted as Ambassador in Trinidad y Tobago and Dominican Republic.
3. What surprised you most about Hungary?
The similarities we have in meals and handcrafts as well as the kindness of Hungarian people.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend – what must they absolutely see and do?
Visit the Castle and their surroundings and some of the many, many museums in Hungary as well as Vorosmarty tér and Gellért hot springs dowtown, Gödöllö and Balaton in its surroundings; go to the opera and hear the concerts at St. Stephen's Basilica
5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
Goulash with gnocci.
6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
Juicy fruits, I like pomelo during winter season and watermelon in summer.
7. What is your favourite Hungarian word?
Cica. I have three beautiful cats that have accompanied my family from Dominican Republic to Mexico City and Hungary, the Hungarian way people refers to the youngest one is very melty.
8. What do you miss most from home?
My son and my family, of course.
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
Ballet dancer; marine biologist because I love diving.
10. What´s a job you would definitely never want?
Nurse. I don’t like to see people suffering physical pain, though I can imagine it must be wonderful when they can see ill person returning home in good health.
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
In Cozumel, Mexico.
12. Where do you hope to spend your next holiday?
Visiting more Hungarian regions.
13. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
The Beatles band and Mexican rock singer Enrique Guzman, the films about Sissy, dance rock and roll.
14. What can’t you resist?
15. Red wine or white?
16. Book or movie?
17. Morning person or night person?
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
The lost of values in young people.
19. Buda or Pest side?
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
“If you cry over losing the sun the tears will not allow you to see stars” (RabindranathTagore).