- 13 Apr 2015 12:00 PM
I work in the Theatre on the Roof, an English language theatre in Budapest, also I'm teaching children English drama in a school. Theatre on the Roof will have its next performance in English, titled "Unveiling" in RS9 theatre, on 18th of April 2015. You are welcome to see the play!
Beside acting school that I finished in Budapest, I also have a degree in sociology and Croatology (Croatian language and history) from University of Zagrab's Studia In Croatica. Beside Croatian, my mother language, I also speak Hungarian, English and Spanish.
1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
I moved to Hungary in 2000.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
I grew up on the Croatian seaside, in a beautiful little place, called Selce.
3. What surprised you most about Hungary?
Unique language. I speak few languages, but nothing is similar to Hungarian.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
I would take my friends to Museum of Fine Arts, Városliget, for a walking tour of historic Castle Hill, thermal bath's, dinner on a boat and visiting ruins pubs during the night.
5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
Libamáj ( goose liver).
6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
It depends on the season, in spring I like preapering fresh "körözött" from medvehagyma, sour cream and cottage cheese. Usually I always have some pršut ( croatian prosciutto, dry ham).
7. What is your favourite Hungarian word?
8. What do you miss most from home?
Sea, round stones on the beach, seafood.
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
I would like to translate my father's poetry books to Hungarian.
10. What's a job you would definitely never want?
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
Last summer I was diving in the Red sea, where the sea world is amazing, like a fairy tale.
12. Where do you hope to spend your next holiday?
This month I'm travelling to Lisbon, to visit some friends, and in June I'm flying to L.A.
13. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
14. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Music band: Guns 'n Roses, movie: French Lieutenant's Women or Todo sobre mi madre, Hobby: dance.
15. Red wine or white?
16. Book or movie?
17. Morning person or night person?
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Issue of Homeless.
19. Buda or Pest side?
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Never give up!