- 6 Apr 2015 11:02 AM
He speaks Spanish, French, English.
1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
I arrived in July 2014 when I was appointed Ambassador of Spain to Hungary.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
Very often and in many places. As a diplomat I have been posted to Peru, Venezuela (two times), and the Netherlands. As an Ambassador to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria and Slovakia.
3. What surprised you most about Hungary?
Its beauty, the sense of magnificence that you can feel in its cities and the grandiosity of the Danube.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
They definitely have to take a night trip on the Danube, visit the Parliament, enjoy in a “ruin bar” and simply wander around the streets of Pest.
5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
Kürtős kalács (chimney cake). I love them.
6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
Soproni beer and Oremus dry white wine.
7. What is your favourite Hungarian word?
8. What do you miss the most from home?
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
None. This one is just perfect.
10. What's a job you would definitely never want?
To be a miner.
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
In Bali (Indonesia) and Tenerife (Canary Islands).
12. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
In Tenerife again.
13. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
The Beatles. American Graffiti. – to play guitar.
14. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
15. Red wine or white?
Both: always good wine.
16. Book or movie?
17. Morning person or night person?
At my present age, morning person. When I was younger, I was a night person.
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Pederasty. – Women mistreatment. – Human trafficking.
19. Buda side or Pest side?
Pest side always.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
“Ánimo vence fortuna.” Which more or less means “Will overcomes fortune.”