- 15 Apr 2016 12:00 PM
After school in England, Austria and Germany, he studied Print and Arts at the Albrecht Dürer Schule in Düsseldorf. He continued his studies in Florence in 1989 and graduated at the Universitá degli Studi di Firenze. In 1990 he settled in Hungary and worked for several multinational Advertising Agencies as a Graphic/Print Producer. In 1997 he founded an Event Marketing agency which he is leading with success until today.
Painting and Art always accompanied and defined his life. He is presently guest painter in the ART Factory in Budapest hosted by Marta Kucsora and Sándor Szász. His medium is mainly Portraits and Nudes and works preferably with Oil and Acrylic on Canvas.
Strongly influenced by Paul Gauguin, the Vienna Secession and German Expressionism, his paintings reflect a lush and poised use of colour with an ease application of his brush creating lively and passionate shapes in his works. Father of 4 daughters, fluent in five languages, he plays Piano, listens to Jazz music, he's a real Gourmet who enjoys life."
1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
July 1990. Language studies and job offer for a multinational Advertising Agency.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
Yes. Paris, London, Vienna, Florence.
3. What surprised you most about Hungary?
The lack of foreign language knowledge locals have. Great hospitality.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
Turkish baths, Budapest Night life, Horseback riding and nature
5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
Hideg Libamáj (foie gras),
6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
Erős Pista (spicy paprika sauce)
7. What is your favourite Hungarian word?
8. What do you miss the most from home?
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
10. What's a job you would definitely never want?
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
12. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
13. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Alvin Lee & Ten Years After, "Ascenseur pour l'échafaud" - Louis Malle, Piano playing
14. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
15. Red wine or white?
16. Book or movie?
17. Morning person or night person?
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
The Abolishment of the Monarchy in Austro-Hungaria
19. Buda side or Pest side?
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Never say never