- 28 May 2018 3:18 PM
That is what I work for: to plan and give a once in a lifetime experience and unique moments, and share the details of the everyday life of the city I live in.
Travelling and hosting is my passion.
Learn more about Danube Destinations here
1. Where did you grow up?
In the peaceful city in South-Hungary called Hódmezővásárhely. Some of my friends are still kidding me with trying to translate the name of the city which would be sg like “beaver field market place” J
2. If you could be an expat anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
The Netherlands perhaps. Mainly because of the education of my son.
3. What would you miss most if you moved away from Hungary?
My family & friends
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?Scrolling the many wonderful streets of Budapest; a walk and the view from Normafa during the day; a Danube Cruise during night: The illuminated city is unbeatable. Visiting the Inner City Parish Church
5. What is your favourite food?
Stuffed pepper….. with a lot of sweet tomato sauce.
6. What is your favourite sport / form of exercise?
7. What is your favourite place in Hungary?
Velence for personal reasons. A place where I find the most of piece.
8. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
Something creative. Hairdresser or web designer perhaps?
9. What’s a job you would definitely never want?
10. Where did you spend your last vacation?
11. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
No exact plans yet, but many on the list..
12. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Madonna and Hungária (a Hungarian band), Dirty Dancing
13. Apart of temptation what can’t you resist?
A tasty dessert
14. Red wine or white?
White, but rather a nice rosé.
15. Book or movie?
16. Morning person or night person?
17. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Children, People with disabilities, volunteering.
18. Buda or Pest side?
19. Which achievement in your life are you most pleased about?
I am quite busy at my job, however have always tried to find the time, money and energy for volunteering. I have been volunteering at the Inner City Parish Church (Belvárosi Plébániatemplom), located next to Elizabeth Bridge - the oldest church in Pest – since 2016. After 2 years of indoor reconstruction, the church once again welcomes its visitors not only for sacral events, but for touring as well.
A group of tourism experts – including myself - have volunteered to aid the church in re-entering the capital’s robust, progressive, and vivid tourist life. We have formulated an extensive specialty package for this grand occasion, including the updates of social media contacts, a website, etc.
The re-opening ceremony was first launched on September 27, 2016, on World Tourism Day. There were about 400 pre-registered visitors present for the guided tour and professional presentation of the church. We welcomed the tourist public, including journalists, guides, representatives of tour operators, and even young students interested in tourism. The event was thoroughly photographed and about a dozen news articles and TV scenes were published.
Our team of volunteers are determined to work with continued enthusiasm to organize visits, concerts, and cultural performances at this breathtaking church. We hope to welcome you on one or more of our concerts or other cultural performances soon. To be informed about the most up-to-date news and events, please follow us here.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
"Life is not the amount of breaths you take. It's the moments that take your breath away."