- 1 Apr 2020 10:07 AM
He obtained degree in architecture in 2016. He visited Budapest and decided to settle there to start his artist's career.
Taras started to paint in 2016 and in 2017 had his first exhibition with his colleague William Theodoracopulos, titled ’Realism Revision, 2017’.
After this exhibition, he and William opened their atelier Theo Studio in Budapest.
1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
In 2016. I met one very good person and artist William Theodoracopulos in Kyiv and he showed me his studio in Budapest. After I decided to move in to Budapest and we established our atelier TheoStudio.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
No, Budapest is my first city in a foreign country.
3. What surprised you most about Hungary?
Many things after living in Ukraine.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
Töltött káposzta (stuffed cabbage)
6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
Avocado and eggs.
7. What is your favourite Hungarian word?
8. What do you miss most from home?
Fresh fish and hometown.
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
I am happy with weigh architect, painter, graphic designer
10. What's a job you would definitely never want?
To be a cashier or security guard.
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
12. Where do you hope to spend your next holiday?
13. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
To sketch in any possible minute, or read.
14. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Jack johnson, Butterfly effect, maybe.. I didn't have any hobby.
15. Red wine or white?
16. Book or movie?
17. Morning person or night person?
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
19. Buda or Pest side?
I like both. I live in Pest but I like to bike to Buda sometimes. I miss trees in Pest.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Everything is possible.