- 27 Oct 2023 1:32 PM
Back in 2015, he took over the mantel of leading the kitchen of Platán Restaurant & Café, now called Platán Bistro, with a firm vision: to show that countryside catering can represent a high quality of which we can be justly proud.
"The extremely precise chef is not only known for the tasting menus of reinvented traditional Hungarian dishes, many also believe him to be the chef with the most beautifully plated dishes in Hungary." – Magyar Konyha Online.
Over the past years István lead the restaurant to a trend of ever-increasing success, gaining an important place in countryside gastronomy.
Platán reached another significant milestone in the Spring of 2021. After a long wait, the Gourmet Restaurant opened its gates with a fine dining concept.
The head chef of the fine dining restaurant is Michelin-star award winner István Pesti, who invites the gastronomically inclined guests with his team of 4 to a glamouros gourmet-adventure.
Apart from leading the Gourmet Restaurant, István Pesti also helping the team of Platán Bistro."
1. Where did you grow up?
2. If you could be an expat anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
3. What would you miss most if you moved away from Hungary?
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
Buda castle and the cityview from that point, specially at night.
5. What is your favourite food?
Lots of favourite (as a chef), brassói aprópecsenye (roast a la Brasov?) and túrógombóc (pastry with cottage cheese)
6. What is your favourite sport / form of exercise?
7. What is your favourite place in Hungary?
Balaton, the north part of it.
8. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
9. What's a job you would definitely never want?
10. Where did you spend your last vacation?
11. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
12. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Band: English new wave bands,
Film: Naked gun,
Hobby: aircraft modelling.
13. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
When my daughter asks something from me. :)
14. Red wine or white?
White wine, but especially champagne.
15. Book or movie?
16. Morning person or night person?
17. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Acceptation, tolerance, healthy balance.
18. Buda or Pest side?
19. Which achievement in your life are you most pleased about?
Gain two Michelin star.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Without work there are no results.