- 30 May 2023 2:55 PM
From small drawings to large-format canvases, his disciplined work ethic brings to life mythical, emotive and captivating visual worlds with symbols, unique characters, and bold colors. His works are powerful invitations to challenge the viewers’ notions about their own emotions, experiences, and realities.
He has already exhibited in Paris, Buenos Aires, Barcelona, and Budapest, and many of his paintings are now in private collections from Costa Rica to Hong Kong.
He is also a performer and frequent collaborator with various brands, magazines, and art events – for example, in 2023, he is invited back to the region’s largest music and art festival, Sziget, where he will perform a live painting act as well as offer workshops about expressionism in his tent in the festival’s ArtZone.
Now, Budapest, Hungary is where he finds inspiration for his creations, savoring all that this city has to offer from local tastes to international encounters.
1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
I first came to Budapest 2018, to visit one of my friends. In that same year, I had an exhibition in Paris, so when I got here and saw that there are many galleries and spaces to show art, one day I decided to walk down on one of the streets with many galleries. And I knocked on their doors. After many no’s, one gallery said yes and we signed a contract. I went back to Buenos Aires to return to Budapest in 2019, and since then I am living here.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
Yes, for the first time, it was Buenos Aires. I stayed there for 7 years.
3. What surprised you most about Hungary?
The warmness of the people.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
To see, they should go to the National Gallery. And they should visit my studio.
5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
It changes by time, never the same thing, but if I have to say something, I would say butter.
7. What is your favourite Hungarian word?
8. What do you miss most from home?
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
10. What's a job you would definitely never want?
To hurt people.
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
I’m living the holiday life.
12. Where do you hope to spend your next holiday?
I’m on holidays right now.
13. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
14. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
My favorite band as a teen was, hm, it’s difficult. My favorite artist was Célia Cruz. Favorite film at the time was Rocky Horror Picture Show or Donnie Darko. And, hobby? Hm, collecting vinyls.
15. Red wine or white?
16. Book or movie?
17. Morning person or night person?
Depends on the muse.
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Lack of compassion.
19. Buda or Pest side?
Depends on the muse.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Enjoy the sun, live the moment, and try to smile every day.