- 21 Sep 2010 3:00 AM
With 18 international and local speakers building on a wide range of experties and experience, following the now famous TED format of talks 18 minutes or less and its also famously intensive, entertaining and inspiring style, the event will stage three intriguing sessions during which we explore some of the most exciting and challenging underlying issues that will shape and define how our future unfolds.
13:00 - 13:40 Registration
13:40 – 15:15 Session 1: Good Business
We will explore how business could be effective and ’good’ at the same time, what good actually means in a 21st century context, if this is a relevant question at all and, finally, how we could go about doing it.
· Simon Cohen: What’s Better Than Perfect? (in English*)
· László Zsolnai: Beyond Profit
· András Lang: Ethical Banking
· Paul Garrison: Dealing with Corruption – the human story (in English*)
· Sister Laura Sarolta Baritz: Changing Perspective… (in English*)
· Botond Bognár: Beauty Spot on the Castle’s Face
15:15 – 16:15 Conversation break
16:15 – 17:45 Session 2: Positive Sum Games
We will focus on cooperative attitudes, trust, innovations focused on social structures, norms and institutions based on a meaningful understanding of ourselves and our environment as essential components of how a more effective and better world could and should work.
· István Joós: The Favour Story
· Tamás Vicsek: The Simple and the Complex (in English*)
· Beáta Oborny: Let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth?
· Tibor Liska: LisKaLand, a Macroeconomic Adventure
· Gabriella Benkő: Everyone is a Changemaker
· László Ágoston: Everyday Revolution
· Vilmos Benkő: From Success to Significance (in English*)
17:45 – 18:45 Conversation break
18:45 – 20:15 Session 3: Green Redefined
We will raise the question what green may mean beyond just environmental protection… How can we see complex systems, interconnectedness and intedependency? And how could it serve as an overarching concept and perspective for a more effective, modern lifestyle that promises better quality of life as well as sustainability.
· Attila Dávid Molnár: Filming Nature 2.0
· Miklós Antal: Making It Personal
· Dan Barber: How I Fell in Love with a Fish (Screened -Talk in English, with Hungarian subtitles.)
· Veronika Harcsa: Innovation in Music - Singing with a Looper
· András Takács-Sánta: Well-being Through Sufficiency
· Günter Pauli: Glimpses of a Blue Economy (in English*)
20:15 – 23:00 Reception
* Simultaneous translation available both to and from Hungarian for all TEDxDanubia talks.
We reserve the right to change the programs should circumstances force us to do so.
In order to apply, you need to be a registered user of the TEDxDanubia website. Please register at the top of the page if you have not done it before. Once you are logged in, simply fill in the form displayed on this page below to apply to participate this event. You will receive an e-mail message confirming that we have saved your application to be processed. Please note that submitting an application does not automatically mean you have a secured place at the conference (this does not refer to Supporting and Patrons’ Lodge members for whom admission is free and secured if they indicate they wish to attend).
Applications will be curated continuously and notifications will be sent out as our team can manage the task. The deadline for applications is midnight on the 14th of September, 2010, so you can expect to be notified before midnight on the 15th of September at the latest (we will then ask you to complete payment within a few days). After that point, only cancellations – or failure to complete payment – will make places available for those on the waiting list. Since we expect to have more applications than available places, we do advise you, if possible, to apply early.
You may apply in the following categories:
Standard attendance fee: 20 000 Ft + VAT (25%), approximately EUR 80, which provides entry to the entire day's program including food and refreshments served throughout the event.
Discount attendance fee: 10 000 Ft + VAT (25%). A limited number of discounted registrations are made available for those in the education or non-profit worlds, who could not otherwise attend. We ask those who chose to apply for such a discounted registration to please tell us shortly what your reasons are for asking the special fee."