'Christmas Shoebox Drive' By Hungarian Baptist Aid
- 15 Dec 2022 1:25 PM
The number one aim is to enable these children to have something which will bring a smile to their faces over the holiday period which will help that will make their lives easier, something that most of us take for granted who otherwise would have not gotten anything.
’Cipősdoboz akció’ was first organized in 2003 with the collaboration of Hungarian Baptist Aid (HBAid). At the time the gifts arrived from Western Europe, but from 2004, HBAid started the first Hungarian driven Operation.
Since then, more and more workplaces, schools and communities have joined the charity campaign, and HBAid now distributes more than 40,000 parcels of Christmas gifts to children in need.
1. Find an empty shoe box in good condition.
2. Decide whether you want to give it to a girl or a boy, and their age.
3. Fill the shoe box with gifts (toys, stationery, hygiene items, sweets, books).
4. Wrap the finished gift package with colored wrapping paper (separate the top and the bottom) and then tape it with transparent tape or tie it with string.
5. Write clearly on the box the age, and girl or boy you want the gift for. (Eg “boy 12” or “girl 8”).
6. Take the finished gift package to one of the shoe box collection points by December 18 at the latest.
You can find the collection points on the website www.ciposdoboz.hu, under the menu item "Collection points" (Gyűjtőpontok).
More (in Hungarian):
Photo courtesy of the organisers
LATEST NEWS IN community & culture