Invitation: St. George's Event, Corinthia Ballroom, 30 April: ‘A Feast of English Music’
- 30 Mar 2022 11:11 AM
Come to enjoy a great variety of English music and liquid refreshments at this social networking event marking the Patron Saint of England - in the good company of friendly English speaking expats & cosmopolitan locals from Hungary’s business, diplomatic, cultural & celebrity circles.
This is an opportune occasion to come together as an international community to #StandWithUkraine and extend the bonds of friendship and solidarity - every nationality is welcome to participate, an auction & raffle will help children in Ukraine via UNICEF.
YOU CAN NOW RESERVE YOUR TICKET(S) VIA THIS LINK
Guests of Honour
* Paul Fox, Her Majesty's Ambassador to Hungary
* Lyubov Nepop, Ukrainian Ambassador to Hungary
* Antónia Mészáros, Executive Director, UNICEF Hungary
* Désirée Bonis, Ambassador of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
* Rev. Frank Hegedűs, Priest at St Margaret's Anglican Church Budapest
* Ronan Gargan, Irish Ambassador To Hungary (Kosovo & Montenergro)
1. Cheese & Wine Tasting at 8pm, with Classical English music by Purcell, Handel & more
Featuring English cheese favourite Cheddar, + grilled cheese variations, all for free of course.
2. Cultural feature at 8.30pm inc: 'Funny Poetry' speech about Shakespeare by Alexis Latham
Also a classical singing performance of English hyme & 'sporting anthem': Jerusalem.
3. Budapest's fav Expat covers Band will play popular English indie & pop songs from 9pm
Featuring dynamic guitar solos, tight rhythms & fine harmonies by The Vibe including hits by:
Beatles, Coldplay, Arctic Monkeys, Blur, Editors, Radiohead, Kasabian, Cure, Kaiser Chiefs, more!
4. 'Anyone for Cricket?' English Sport Corner with Hungarian Cricket Association:
Have your pic taken by FoxyPhotos holding a Cricket bat & wearing pads / helmet
Meet with local cricketers here & speak about the national league and tournaments.
5. DJ Woods will spin English Tunes in the Ballroom from 11pm until midnight.
Andrew will play pop, rock, & dance hits from the last 60 years. All English, all cool!
Charity Element for Ukrainian Children
A raffle & auction hosted by UNICEF Champion Ivett Angyal will be presented by TV star Zsuzsa Demcsák, with all proceeds going to the Hungarian National Committee of UNICEF.
All money raised from this fundraising element of the event will be collected by UNICEF reps to support children and their families affected by conflict in Ukraine - see video below.
UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund) has already been providing humanitarian assistance to millions of children & families in Ukraine for 8 years. See below for charity auction & raffle prizes.
Platinum Sponsors: Taxually
Sapphire Sponsors: Britannica International School, Samsung, Special Effects International
Diamond Sponsors: Jaguar Land Rover, Kőröstej, Tesco
This event is also made possible thanks to the kind support of:
Ivett Angyal, Martin Coulam, Jonathan Pace, Anikó Woods.
Drink Sponsors - 'Free Flowing Great Tastes'
* English whisky & gin tasting by Cotswolds + WhiskyNET presented by Dez O'Connell,
* 'St George's English Beer' from Down Under Bar presented by Sean Falli,
* 'Wine Mafia' blind tasting game by Bortodoor City,
* Unicum Cocktail Bar sponsored by Zwack,
* Pálinka tasting bar by Dunapro,
* Selection of Coca-Cola products,
* Coffee from Costa Coffee,
* Water by NaturAqua.
* Fine wine tasting by Szászi Estate from St. George Hill (Szentgyörgy-hegy)
+ Bencze Wine Estate from Szent György-hegy, Borbély Family Wine Estate from Badacsony, Dúzsi Tamás Winery from Szekszárd, Gilvesy from Szent-György Hegy, Hilltop from Neszmély, Szeremley Wine House from Badacsony, Twickel Wine Estate from Szekszárd, and more!
Charity Auction & Raffle Prizes
* Amazing auction prizes: Stay for 2 in an Executive Suite at Corinthia Budapest (worth HUF 175,000) together with a Unique Print by artist Boglárka Nagy (worth HUF 280.000), 1 year Premium Health Plan from FirstMed (value HUF 200,000), full weekend usage of a brand new Range Rover (priceless opportunity to be one of the first in Hungary to drive it!).
* Raffle tickets are available at the event and online here - suggested donation to UNICEF of HUF 2000 each, 6 for HUF 10,000.
Great raffle prizes include: Matild Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Budapest 2 night stay for 2 (worth HUF 400.000+), 2 tickets to 1st 'Rose Ball in Budapest' held at Marriott Hotel (worth HUF 100.000) from György B. Rózsa, Costes Restaurant at Ráday utca "Degustation dinner" for 2 including wine pairing, VR park 3 x HUF 30.000 vouchers, The Ritz-Carlton Budapest 'Afternoon tea' voucher for 2, Ramada by Wyndham Budapest City Center - 1 night getaway for 2, GoodSpirit Whisky&Cocktail Bar 2 x HUF 20.000 vouchers, Bottle of Cotswolds Single Malt Whisky, Chez Dodo Artisan Macarons artisan macarons voucher, Royal Club Hotel Visegrád 2 night stay for 2, À la Maison Buda luxurious brunch experience, Felicita Budapest Italian Restaurant HUF 30.000 voucher, Kempinski Hotel Corvinus Budapest "Family Table" voucher for 2, Tisza Balneum Hotel - 2 night stay for 2 half board inc wellness, Yogasecrets 10 admission tickets, 3 'lifestyle design' coaching session by Gábor Márton, Édes Város HUF 30,000 cake voucher, Á la Maison Breakfast and Brunch Restaurant cosmopolite brunch voucher, Anja luxurious goods HUF 50.000 package, Adrienne Feller aromatherapy 3 day course, The Acai Spot Budapest meal voucher, Color Frame Salon vegan beauty product voucher, Wessely Jewellery unique pair of silver earrings, and more! Click here to email UNICEF Champion about donating a prize for the charity auction / raffle.
+ Free Roulette + Blackjack for fun (not money) to win small prizes from Las Vegas Casino
* Wear something blue if possible, as it was said to be St. George's favourite colour - so it's a custom to wear blue at events in England marking his day.
* Also, you can wear a red rose if you wish, as another St. George's Day tradition involves pinning a rose to your lapel or breast pocket - this is optional and not mandatory of course.
Registration starts at 7.30pm, Welcome address at 8.30pm, Band play first set at 9.00pm, Auction & raffle at 10.00pm, Band play second set at 10.30pm, followed by DJ until midnight.
A. Early-Bird Ticket - available online until 15 April for HUF 12,000 per person (including Simple Pay Booking Fee & 27% VAT).
B. St. George Ticket - available online until 29 April for HUF 14,000 per person (including Simple Pay Booking Fee & 27% VAT).
C. Couples Ticket - available online until 29 April for HUF 22,000 for two (including Simple Pay Booking Fee & 27% VAT).
D. 4 Friends Ticket - available online until 29 April for HUF 40,000 for four (including Simple Pay Booking Fee & 27% VAT).
E. On-The-Spot Tickets - limited availability at door for HUF 20,000 per person (inc. 27% VAT).
* To enquire about the availability of this ticket type please email here.
YOU CAN NOW RESERVE YOUR TICKET(S) VIA THIS LINK
Legendary Event Theme
The legend of St. George & the Dragon tells of George slaying a dragon that demanded human sacrifices - this was apparently acceptable until a well-loved princess was chosen as the next offering, so he rescued the princess & slayed the dragon. Hungary also recognises Szent György.
Corinthia Budapest's Grand Ballroom,
Erzsébet krt. 43-49. 1073 Budapest.
British Embassy, Budapest Business Journal, CityTaxi, flowerMe, Funcode, Prohuman, The Budapest Times, WeLoveBudapest.
Please Consider Sponsoring
- There are various packages available to suit different sizes of company and budgets.
Get great PR for your company within an exclusive setting at this society event for expats and high level locals. Click here to arrange a discussion about sponsorship opportunities.
1. The free cheese samples from Kőröstej and Tesco are intended as after-dinner nibbles, as we suppose guests will have an evening meal before attending this event which does not include dinner - and accordingly is priced much less than 'gala dinner parties' to make this event as inclusive as possible from a cost perspective.
2. Covid-19 Certificate of Immunity need NOT be shown at the event entrance according to current official rules, naturally guests may wear a mask if they so wish.
3. The organisers reserve the right to change the program timing and content if necessary, and in case the event is cancelled for any reason e.g. due to Covid-19, then an alternative date will be set for the event as no ticket refunds will be available.
Photos & Video
Still and moving pictures will be taken at this community event and by participating in this event guests consent to these images being taken and published by the organisers and related partners e.g, photographers for reference purposes:
Marco Novkov / Árpád Bakcsy / Marcus Schirrmacher / ConnallCharltonFilms.com
Related Fun Facts
English has 360 million native speakers, 1 billion people use it as a 2nd language, and it is the official language in 67 countries.
Saint George is also the patron saint of Bulgaria, Georgia, Portugal, Romania, as well as the Spanish communities of Cáceres, Alcoy, Aragon and Catalonia. This saint also has his state holiday in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - see more on this here.
This international community event is presented by XpatLoop.com - Your Expat Community Portal
- you can see what happened at our most recent event here.
LATEST NEWS IN specials