- 11 Jun 2008 12:00 PM
My job here in Budapest is to manage The Kaledonia Bar - the bar is a fusion of our love for Scotland and Hungary.
We're particularly proud to be the only bar in Budapest, Hungary or indeed central or eastern Europe selling Belhaven Best on draught. It's a great Scottish beer. "
1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
This is my second stint in Budapest. I was here for 2 years in '99-2001 and always a wanted to come back.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
In Wales !
3. What surprised you most about Hungary?
The weather, great wine and the baths.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend--what must they absolutely see and do?
A visit to Szechenyi Baths, a pint of Belhaven Best at The Kaledonia and a stroll along the Danube in the evening, with the odd stop off for a nice glass of wine.
5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
A cold bottle of water and a chocolate bar.
7. What is your favourite Hungarian word?
8. What do you miss the most from home?
Glasgow Celtic and my mums? soup.
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
I've always wanted to be a postman. Or a footbal commentator.
10. Whats a job you would definitely never want?
Budapest metro guard.
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
Budapest - sanding walls, building furniture and filling up skips with rubbish.
12. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
13 What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Favourite film 'The Quiet Man'. Can I get it on DVD here in Budapest ?
14. What cant you resist?
A cold beer on a hot day.
15. Red wine or white?
I can take either, depending on the company and who's paying. Or if my mate Howard is tempting me with great new discoveries.
16. Book or movie?
17. Morning person or night person?
I can handle both as long as I'm watered and fed at regular intervals.
18. Dog person or cat person?
Neither, though Zsuzsanna would love to have a wee Scottish terrier one day.
19. Buda side or Pest side?
Pest all the time for me. Though the views from Buda are fantastic.
20.What would you say is your personal motto?
Go for it!