- 5 Jan 2015 11:00 AM
Born in Germany, Ms Dulies is succeeding Adrian Gray as General Manager.
1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
In August 2014. I was in Bratislava and when I was offered the position in Budapest, I didn't really hesitate, and soon after drove here with my pets, I have a horse, 3 cats and a dog.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
I have spent twelve years in US, ten in California, 2 in New York, followed by four years in Scotland and then Slovakis. I started my career in Dusseldorf as an apprentice, including several months spent in the kitchen and as a server in the restaurant.
3. What surprised you most about Hungary?
I found people truly friendly and caring; I hoped it to be like this of course. They are also ready to work hard and perform at the highest standards.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
A walk along Danube, to see Buda castle from Pest. Definitely a walk at night to see the city illuminated is a must. This summer time I enjoyed visiting the 360 bar.
5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
I do like a good goulash, made nice and spicy
6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
Cheese, good German cheese.
7. What is your favourite Hungarian word?
8. What do you miss most from home?
I have been away for so long, so not much apart of a good currywurst perhaps.
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
A prosecutor, people around me could testify that I would be good at it. I like discipline, but I’m glad I went into the hospitality industry. Probably after I retire I’m going to do something related to helping or caring for animals.
10. What's a job you would definitely never want?
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
In the US, I drove from San Diego up to Seattle.
12. Where do you hope to spend your next holiday?
We have in conference in Abu Dhabi and I will spend a few days there as a tourist. Separately, when the time is right, Australia is a place I still want to go to.
13. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
14. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Band: Bon Jovi. Film: Top Gun. Hobby: ballroom dancing
15. Red wine or white?
Red, from Sauska.
16. Book or movie?
17. Morning person or night person?
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Providing shelter for the homeless, and also animal shelters. I rally feel very strongly about this and am actively taking steps to help in this regard. On corporate level the hotel supports UNICEF.
19. Buda or Pest side?
Buda to live, Pest to party.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Keep the faith.