- 30 Nov 2018 1:51 PM
He was appointed the CEO of Nestlé Hungary in January 2018, his 11th position with the firm, and as the first CEO at Nestlé with Hungarian nationality.
Peter is married to Agi, and has been for 29 years, they have 3 sons, Péter (28), Dániel (26) and Zalán (22). His sporting interests include tennis, running and padel.
1. Where did you grow up?
I grew up in Budapest.
2. If you could be an expat anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
In the past 27 years, since I started working, we've lived in six countries - Hungary, Switzerland, UK, New Zealand, Australia and the Philippines - and I had 11 different jobs, with the same company!
I have a very supportive wife and we always felt extremely good everywhere. I think we are true world-citizens, and so I can imagine living more or less anywhere. So I'm sure we would find the best in any country, as we always did before.
3. What would you miss most if you moved away from Hungary?
I always missed the large family when we were abroad.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
Go around the city on a hop-on, hop-off bus, look at everything and simply chose what you like the most. Budapest by night at the Danube is a must see. Try some authentic local food, and take a breakfast in one of the famous grand cafés.
5. What is your favourite food?
Halászlé - fish-soup - with as much piping hot paprika as possible.
6. What is your favourite sport / form of exercise?
Running, tennis and padel - a new sport in Hungary.
7. What is your favourite place in Hungary?
Budapest, Castle district
8. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
I would love to own a watch-shop in Switzerland. I love mechanical watches.
9. What’s a job you would definitely never want?
I think there is something good in every job. Nevertheless, even if I wanted to, I could not be a doctor, I cannot stand blood.
10. Where did you spend your last vacation?
11. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
It does not really matter as long as we can be together with the family. Our sons are 28, 26 and 22 and they do not live with us anymore. I treasure every moment spent together.
12. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
I was a tennis player in the junior national team, I loved Van Halen and the first Star Wars movies.
13. Apart of temptation what can’t you resist?
14. Red wine or white?
Red, but I also like a good New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc from the Marlborough region
15. Book or movie?
16. Morning person or night person?
Night, definitely not morning.
17. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Environment and balanced nutrition.
18. Buda or Pest side?
For living Buda, for entertaining and working Pest.
19. Which achievement in your life are you most pleased about?
Our three boys. They are healthy, well-mannered and successful.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Attitude is more important than IQ.