Zoltán Roy Zsidai, Owner & CEO, Zsidai Group
- 31 Jul 2019 12:23 PM
He is skilled in business planning, strategy and branding, and being 'in love with gastronomy' he has a track record of bright culinary business ideas and creative concepts that work.
Roy has an executive certificate from Cornell University focused on Hotel Investments. The Zsidai Group has built successful cooperations with world-known brands, like the Jamie Oliver Group and the Kempinski hotel chain.
1. Where did you grow up?
I was born in Minnesota in Rochester, US, grew up in Budapest but spent almost every summer in the US with my American godfather.
2. If you could be an expat anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
Budapest, but I'd maybe also try Singapore.
3. What would you miss most if you moved away from Hungary?
The fantastic energy and landscape of the city, the buildings, the Castle, the nightlife, and of course my parents and friends.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
The difference between Budapest and other European cities is that Budapest has about 5 different "villages", it is similarly structured as Paris or Manhattan.
It would be the Buda Castle area, the area around the Basilica, the Jewish Quarter, and I'd definitely include a visit to the Opera House and/or the Zeneakadémia.
5. What is your favourite food?
Oh I have so many, it depends on my mood. Sometimes I feel like Hungarian cuisine, sometimes Asian. But a fantastic Wiener Schnitzel is always a good choice.
6. What is your favourite sport / form of exercise?
Running, yoga, tennis.
7. What is your favourite place in Hungary?
The Buda Castle, plus Tihany, and Zala. Zala country is magical with those oak forests and hilly landscape.
8. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
I'd be an architect.
9. What’s a job you would definitely never want?
I try to focus on what I like.
10. Where did you spend your last vacation?
Costa del Sol, Spain, at the Kempinski there, where we also have three restaurants.
11. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
It will be in Tuscany this summer. We'll be at a large home with friends and lots of kids. I'll do the cooking :)
12. What was your favourite band and film as a teen?
Depeche Mode, Guns N' Roses, Lenny Kravitz
Grease, and Macskafogó which I have watched at least 40 times.
13. Apart of temptation what can’t you resist?
14. Red wine or white?
15. Book or movie?
Book AND movie.
16. Morning person or night person?
17. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Education, and the equality of opportunity.
18. Buda or Pest side?
Buda AND Pest
19. Which achievement in your life are you most pleased about?
My four kids.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
There are no problems; there are challenges to solve and tasks to execute.