- 23 Feb 2021 8:58 AM
ground dried garlic
1. The first step in this recipe is to prepare the seasoning of the meat. Better sooner, if we have a chance, make it a night before so that the ribs could rest in them for a night.
Ground the cumin seeds with salt and dried garlic, and add some olive oil to make it easier to mix. Put it in a bowl with the other seasoning ingredients, like tomato puree, mustard, plum jam, and olive oil. Mix it well, and after that, we give the ribs a nice massage.
Let it rest for an hour or so, but if you immediately put it on the grill, no worries, the meat would be delicious anyway.
2. In the meantime, cook potatoes in saltwater, you don’t need to worry about peeling, just wash them well.
3. While the potatoes are getting cooked, we prepare the homemade coleslaw. Chop half of a big red onion and half of a cabbage and mix them. Add some salt, olive oil, wine vinegar, and let it rest, while these ingredients “make” the salad for us.
4. When the potatoes are ready, put them into a large pan, add some butter, and fry them as much as you like. Add some salt, and when it is not on the stove, you can add the nicely chopped fresh parsley. And it is done!
5. You have to grill the meat for 3 hours approximately, at first we need more heat to make a crust for every side. After reducing the heat and grill it covered, don’t forget to turn it every hour to make it as soft and juicy as possible.
If you don’t have a grill or want to prepare this course during wintertime, don’t worry, it can’t be a problem. Use a hot pan and give a nice crust to every side of the meat.
Put it into the oven (preheated 180 degrees Celsius) and cover it. Let it in for 2-3 hours, and in the last 20 minutes, remove the cover, increase the heat, and let it have a nice color.
6. Before serving, give it a rest for 15 minutes, so the juices remain inside the meat.