- 15 Sep 2008 12:00 PM
When I realised I was going to stay in Prague, I got a 'real' job and started to work as a consultant for Hays in Prague and went on to work as a Business Development Manager for the CEE region.
Throughout my career I was involved in the start up of Hays Hungary and when I was offered to come and run the branch - I was more than happy to accept. Came down with two suitcases and here I am as the Country Manager.
1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
Late March - work
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
Yes, for many years in Prague
3. What surprised you most about Hungary?
Weather - you can see all seasons in one season!
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
Night walk along the Danube and taste Hungarian white wine
5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
Easy - goose liver. It's amazing!
6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
Eggs and Kinnie!
7.What is your favourite Hungarian word?
8. What do you miss most from home?
The sea and my family and friends
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
10. What's a job you would definitely never want?
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
Home doing a scuba diving course
12. Where do you hope to spend your next holiday?
Out of Europe
13. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Grease - my sisters and I learnt all the songs and dances by heart!
14. What can't you resist?
A night out!
15. Red wine or white?
16. Book or movie?
17. Morning person or night person?
18. Dog person or cat person?
Dog plus my cat only
19. Buda or Pest side?
Live on the Pest side but prefer the Buda side
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
It's always a NO until you ask.