- 30 Jan 2012 11:00 AM
Before that he has been a Consultant with the George Voinovich School of Entrepreneurship and the Appalachian Regional Entrepreneurial Group serving small businesses in the Appalachian Region, Ohio and West Virginia.
Robert has earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree in European History with a focus on Russian Language and International Business Consulting from Ohio University. In his free time he enjoys playing tennis, soccer (football), skiing and boating.
1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
July 2011. To open the European Headquarter's for Mansfield & Associates, an Executive Search firm based out of Cleveland, Ohio.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
3. What surprised you most about Hungary?
I was in Pecs, Hungary for 2 summers at the Simonyi Center for Business Consulting. So before this move I had an idea what I was getting into. But I think the amount English that is spoken around Budapest makes things a lot easier then I anticipated.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
I think it is important to walk through the city and feel the history. Sights like the Heroe's Sqaure and walking on the Duna by the Chain Bridge and Parliament is a must for me.
5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
Pike-Perch from Balaton
6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
Sajt, Tejföl, Wine, Fanta, Cappy, Pálinka
7. What is your favourite Hungarian word?
8. What do you miss the most from home?
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
10. What's a job you would definitely never want?
Especially in Hungary, I would never want to be an accountant!
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
Skiing in Villach Austria
12. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
Disney World in Orlando, Florida
13. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Ohio University Marching 110 - from my Alma Mater
14. What can't you resist?
Fanta, it is so much better here in Europe then in the USA
15. Red wine or white?
White wine from Pecs area. Red wine from Eger.
16. Book or movie?
17. Morning person or night person?
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Freedom of Speech, Racial Equality
19. Buda side or Pest side?
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
If you act and think positively things will happen positively, If you are thinking negatively then negative things will happen. So always be positive.