- 20 Nov 2012 11:00 AM
Mr. Goodman, a UK citizen, began his film career in 1982. He has also held a variety of positions in the industry that lead to him producing his first film in 1998. Adam has independently been involved in the production of over 500 hours of theatrical and television programming shot on 3 continents in over 15 countries.
Whilst working as a '2nd Assistant Director' he won the 'Directors Guild Of America' award for "Saving Private Ryan" as part of the Director's team, and worked on films such as "The Jackal" and "Rob Roy".
On a yearly basis, Mid Atlantic Films works with Hungary's most talented local film crews on productions including the BBC's "Robin Hood", "Silent Witness", "Hell Boy 2", "The Borgias", "The Rite", "World War Z", "47 Ronin" and most recently "A Good Day To Die Hard".
1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
Almost everywhere! From the age of 17 I often spent many months away from the UK filming in places such as Turkey, Morocco, Czech Republic, France, Germany, U.S. etc
3. What surprised you most about Hungary?
The expertise and work ethic of the Hungarian film crews. The Brits and Americans could learn a lot!
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
Széchenyi Baths, Náncsi Néni, view from Citadella at sunset AND in the summer months Cinnamon Restaurant at Haraszthy Vallejo winery to lay by the pool and eat great food!
5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
A bottle of Sir Irsai white wine from Haraszthy Vallejo!
7. What is your favourite Hungarian word?
More a phrase…..nincs tul sok penzunk…..'we do not have too much money'! Important phrase for a Producer!
8. What do you miss the most from home?
My parents and Josh and Dan my two sons!
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
10. What's a job you would definitely never want?
Any job that started at 9am and finished at 5pm!
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
12. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
Bora Bora would be nice!
13. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Movie - "Once Upon A Time In America".
14. What can't you resist?
15. Red wine or white?
16. Book or movie?
Movie ('Once Upon A Time In America')
17. Morning person or night person?
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
19. Buda side or Pest side?
Pest now……Buda later!
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
If you can't take a joke you shouldn't have joined!
XpatLoop Interview Two: Adam Goodman, Producer, Mid Atlantic Films