- 23 Feb 2015 11:00 AM
In 2003, he established Tower International Kft, which has grown to become the largest residential property management company in Budapest, servicing Hungarian and international owners of close to 1,000 properties.
The company has over 80 employees and partners and besides property management, business lines include sales, lettings, furnishing, renovation, accounting and office rentals. Michael is married with two children.
1. Where did you grow up?
I was born in Budapest, but grew up partly in Africa. My parents are both doctors and when I was a child, they took up jobs in Uganda and Nigeria. In Nigeria I attended an American, multi-cultural ex-pat school.
2. If you could be an expat anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
3. What would you miss most if you moved away from Hungary?
Food, friends, family.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
Walk across the Chain Bridge in the evening, visit the Synangogue and the Royal Castle of Buda.
5. What is your favourite food?
Spaghetti Bolognese – the way my wife makes it!
6. What is your favourite sport / form of exercise?
Running and cycling.
7. What is your favourite place in Hungary?
Budapest city center.
8. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
I really love my job – can’t think of anything that would be better.
9. What’s a job you would definitely never want?
10. Where did you spend your last vacation?
11. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
12. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Star Wars films and playing computer games.
13. Apart of temptation what can’t you resist?
A Starbucks Latte.
14. Red wine or white?
15. Book or movie?
16. Morning person or night person?
17. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Freedom of Speech.
18. Buda or Pest side?
19. Which achievement in your life are you most pleased about?
The success of our company, Tower International.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Trust in God but keep the gunpowder dry.