- 26 Nov 2015 11:00 AM
Enlisted in the official Hungarian registry of certified family law mediators.
Graduated at the Janus Pannonius University of Pecs, Hungary. Experienced lawyer in Family Law, founder and partner at the Kolcsenyi & Nemethi Lawfirm. Former lecturer at the Eotvos Lorand University Faculty of Social Sciences.
Member of the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (IAML)
Member of the Hungarian and the Budapest Bar Associations. Delegated expert of the HBA to the European Judicial Network.
Practice area embraces a wide range of marital and divorce law related matters. Out of personal conviction primarily focuses on child custody and visitation issues by providing attentive representation to clients facing contested divorce, as well as to those able to seek a more amicable settling through uncontested divorce.
1. Where did you grow up?
I was born in Budapest and spent most of my time here. I attended law school in Pécs for a mind opening five years.
2. If you could be an expat anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
Definitely Iceland, Japan or Portugal. Or Montana state…
3. What would you miss most if you moved away from Hungary?
I’d miss my family, my friends and my community the most.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
Depends on who is visiting, Budapest has so much to offer, there are so many attractions to see. Buda Castle, ruin-pubs, river cruises and the pinball museum of course.
5. What is your favourite food?
Lecsó, a Hungarian relative to ratatouille.
6. What is your favourite sport / form of exercise?
Weightlifting or just chilling.
7. What is your favourite place in Hungary?
Tihany. It is a peninsula at the lake Balaton with a definite spiritual atmosphere.
8. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
Sometimes I feel I did not intentionally pick my career, instead it chose me, as well as it is my hobby too, so I do not have another dream job. I did have though, when I was a child, I wanted to be a chef. Running a restaurant is still appealing.
9. What’s a job you would definitely never want?
Payroll calculation and bookkeeping. Respect to the ones capable of dealing with it.
10. Where did you spend your last vacation?
In Tihany. Every weekend is one.
11. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
12. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
I did not have a favourite band but I listened to music constantly. Keith Jarrett’s Country is one of my favourites if I ought to mention one song.
Films: Bud Spencer & Terence Hill movies, wherever, whenever.
Hobbies: I have had multiple ones, for the last decade I’ve been sticking with cross-border family law and watching trees.
13. Apart of temptation what can’t you resist?
Outdoor cooking is irresistible!
14. Red wine or white?
15. Book or movie?
16. Morning person or night person?
17. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Too much savage too little solidarity concerns me the most.
18. Buda or Pest side?
Can’t decide. I did prefer the flat side and will the hilly one, now I am between.
19. Which achievement in your life are you most pleased about?
I did survive the lawschool.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
The end justifies the means.