- 28 Jul 2016 12:00 PM
Previously, he led a number of international companies in the FMCG business branch in Europe and in Latin America. In total he spent 15 years at the Diageo and Campari companies.
After filling various senior strategic and sales functions at Diageo, he became the boss of the Venezuelan, Colombian, Peruvian and Bolivian subsidiaries, and became the J. Wray & Nephew brand’s managing director at Campari in Jamaica.
1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
End of June 2015 – company transfer from Poland to become Managing Director of Dreher Breweries Ltd
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
Yes - California, Venezuela, Jamaica & Poland
3. What surprised you most about Hungary?
Paprika, Foie Gras, Palinka, proud history
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
Heroes Square, Chain Bridge, Buda Castle, spa!
5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
7. What is your favourite Hungarian word?
8. What do you miss the most from home?
Fish & chips in the local pub!
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
10. What's a job you would definitely never want?
Working at a slaughter house
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
Spain for daughter’s wedding (Madrid & Formentera)
12. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
Vail, Colorado for the skiing!
13. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Band: Queen … Bohemian Rhapsody is the best song of all time!
Film: Star Wars (the original version!)
14. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
15. Red wine or white?
16. Book or movie?
17. Morning person or night person?
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Everyone has a right to healthcare & education
19. Buda side or Pest side?
Buda to live, Pest to go out
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Living the dream!