- 11 Feb 2020 7:08 AM
1. Where did you grow up?
I grew up in Békés county, in southeast Hungary and moved to Budapest right before to my university study. However, I spend the majority of my time in Budapest, my connection to the county is very vivid: as one of the factories – a printing house- is operating there, I commute there on a weekly basis, so I haven’t lost my roots.
2. If you could be an expat anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
I had a chance to experience the expat world and spent two fabulous years in Vienna. Based on this, I would definitely choose a German-speaking country, and also to make further use of my German knowledge.
3. What would you miss most if you moved away from Hungary?
Almost everything: my family, Budapest, the close friends, and the company I have built up to a regional level.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
The „compulsory points”: to see the Heroes Square, Buda Castle, Vörösmarty Square and to experience at least one spa.
5. What is your favourite food?
6. What is your favourite sport / form of exercise?
My favourite sport is tennis, being played with my three sons.
7. What is your favourite place in Hungary?
8. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
A university lecturer as I love to share knowledge. And as the saying goes „ the dreams are closer than you think”, based on a strategic cooperation, my company recently signed with University of Óbuda -under which Boxprint is offering a working experience to students, among others- I can try out myself also as a university guest lecturer and share the students the newest trends from the printing and packaging world.
9. What’s a job you would definitely never want?
What comes with too much administration… so bookkeeper is one of the never-want jobs.
10. Where did you spend your last vacation?
In Croatia, with sailing and scuba diving.
11. Where do you hope to spend your next one?
In Canary Island, that offers summer feeling during wintertime.
12. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
My favourite two were Hungarian rock band, EDDA and Depeche Mode.
13. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
Seafood, combined with a nice wine from Villány region.
14. Red wine or white?
14. Book or movie?
16. Morning person or night person?
I’m more a night person, however -due to the nature of the printing business- I need to be ready to be a morning person as well.
17. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Education. To support the youngsters in their steps toward a career- I hope with my company’s involvement in higher education, I can help them to find their way.
18. Buda or Pest side?
19. Which achievement in your life are you most pleased about?
From a business point of view: I had a chance to learn the procurement inside-out in a global environment, became part of the management, after regionally led an American software company, and was able to start my career at BoxPrint, where I became CEO and co-owner, and developed a small printing company into a major player on the areas of displays and blister cards.
From a life point of view: my family; my wife and our three smart and healthy sons.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Values determine your actions and network.