- 6 Feb 2020 9:07 AM
1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here
My first time on Hungarian soil was in Szentgothárd in 2009, visiting my then-boyfriends family. In 2013 I took a leap of faith and moved to Budapest just to study the language - and Hungary became home.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
I have most of my work as a singer here in Budapest, and I train as an actor in Bucharest.
3. What surprised you most about Hungary?
Such a good question because - I can’t remember if there was something that surprised me about the country.
It was a very different experience coming to Romania, where I never could have foreseen the medieval cities in Transylvania or how diverse that country is in terms of languages and landscape.
It was not same experience with Hungary, but maybe it was also because I felt like I had a Hungarian family before I ever set foot here.
The language was a strange thing, the first time I heard it and I’m more surprised that I’ve been able to learn it, which seemed like something magical and crazy-difficult at first.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
They have to go to a thermal bath (for the body). Then they have to have proper hungarian food and wine (for the soul).
I also usually recommend that they check out the Szimpla kert farmers market on Sundays.
5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
Easiest question: Csirkepaprikás with a really good tejfölös uborkasalata and red wine.
In general there’s nothing like Hungarian food, no country can compete.
6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
Milk for my coffee and sparkling water
7. What is your favourite Hungarian word?
Tökeletes. Or Szeretelek ;)
8. What do you miss most from home?
A specific type of small, very delicate, Swedish apple that they harvest in September. I haven’t found any as good as that in another country so far.
And my parents, which is why I visit often.
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
A script writer or movie producer. Or someone who writes novels full time. Or own a winery.
10. What's a job you would definitely never want?
Work for a moving company. To do hard physical labour every day.
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
My last real vacation was four days in Tbilisi, Georgia visiting friends.
12. Where do you hope to spend your next holiday?
To have a couple of days by the sea with books, wine and my feet in the sand. Or to go to a cabin in the woods over a weekend, with books, wine and a roaring fireplace.
13. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
If someone offers me coffee. Doesn’t matter how many I’ve had that day, I will have one more.
14. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
I was obsessed with some particular musicians - a Swedish rock band name Kent (at a concert I got a part of a sweaty towel they threw out to the crowd, and I slept with it under my pillow for WEEKS) and the American singer/songwriter Tori Amos. I could spend hours in my room just singing along to songs of her.
15. Red wine or white?
16. Book or movie?
I have a more romantic relationship with books.
17. Morning person or night person?
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
Having worked in a non-profit dedicated to teenagers and education/career choices, I care most about that every person knows how much potential they have, no matter the circumstances. That there are no limitations. It might not be a “social issue” but I’m also weary towards focusing on what’s not working, I see a greater benefit in focusing on what we want to create.
19. Buda or Pest side?
If I HAVE to make a choice.. Pest.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Everything is just a mirror, it’s only reflecting what’s going on inside.
When you fall over, laugh. It’s the quickest way to getting over anything.
Click here to visit her website
Video to single "Never Leave", shot in Budapest: https://youtu.be/vQHitSzx7DI
"Make you feel my love" @ Aria Hotel Budapest: https://youtu.be/AtmVBmufhw4
The Voice of Romania: https://youtu.be/eVxLGVNED2M