- 26 Oct 2020 5:31 PM
I'm having Erasmus-exchange year in Budapest (BGE, Budapest Business School) as a part of my BBA studies.
I'm doing my internship along with my studies for the MAC Újbuda Ice hockey team, concentrating mostly on the businesses of the organization. We are working ambitiously with my lovely colleagues to develop the game of hockey in Budapest. I think would be fair to say that people are allowed to expect more from us. It's up to us to redeem those expectations. One thing has to be mentioned.
From the day one, the sincere kindness of the MAC-community, including players, staff, fans and partners have been very impressing for me. That feeling is something we want to share for as many people as possible.
1. When did you arrive in Hungary and what brought you here?
For the first time summer 2014. Now I've been here since the start of September.
2. Have you ever been an expatriate elsewhere?
3. What surprised you most about Hungary?
Maybe the language? It's not that hard. There was horror stories about it but I've already learned some useful phrases.
4. Friends are in Budapest for a weekend - what must they absolutely see and do?
Spa-tour for sure, then just chilling on the Danube and enjoying foods & drinks around the city.
5. What is your favourite Hungarian food?
At the moment maybe the lángos, especially with Nutella on top, just naughty.
6. What is never missing from your refrigerator?
Chocolate. But I have to buy it a lot and very often because if there is some in the fridge, I eat it right away. Endless loop. It's not easy to be me but at least it's delicious.
7. What is your favourite Hungarian word?
Kövér. It's a long story.
8. What do you miss most from home?
Proper Finnish sauna.
9. What career other than yours would you love to pursue?
10. What's a job you would definitely never want?
With all due respect to those in tax offices, some tax office job with a lot of sitting, calculating and dealing with numbers. Stuff like that is definitely a no-go for me.
11. Where did you spend your last vacation?
12. Where do you hope to spend your next holiday?
Doesn't matter. Some place I haven't been yet.
13. Apart of temptation what can't you resist?
I can't resist to sing along every time I hear Anssi Kela's Nummela-song. Just amazing piece of art.
14. What was your favourite band, film, or hobby as a teen?
Favorite hobby was, and still is hockey. No doubt about it.
15. Red wine or white?
16. Book or movie?
17. Morning person or night person?
Depends on the night if I'm morning person on the next day I guess.
18. Which social issue do you feel most strongly about?
19. Buda or Pest side?
Even if I live in Pest and hang around here a lot I have to say Buda because Tüskecsarnok, MAC's home is there and that's where my heart is.
20. What would you say is your personal motto?
Let's say that I rather have stories to tell than Rolex to flex with.